Res Ipsa

Premier Protein Shake Lawsuit Settlement

There is a pending class action lawsuit against the makers of Premier Protein.  The key claim in the lawsuit is that each shake has 26.9 to 28.34 grams of protein instead of the 30 grams of protein listed on the container.  The matter has been settled and anyone who has bought Premier Protein shakes in the past seven years is entitled to a refund of up to $40 (if you have receipts) or $20 (if you do not have receipts).  Note that if you have receipts you will need to upload a copy of them (e.g., in jpeg or pdf format) as part of the on-line claims procedure.  The deadline for making a claim is December 20, 2018.

https://www.proteinshakesettlement.com/

Here is some information from this web site:

A Proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit. A purchaser of certain Premier Protein Ready-To-Drink Shake products has sued Premier Nutrition Corporation ("Defendant"), alleging that it made false and misleading statements about the protein content of those products. Defendant denies the Plaintiff’s allegations and any wrongdoing.

• The Proposed Settlement creates a $9 million settlement fund from which to pay Class Member claims and other costs and expenses related to the litigation and settlement as detailed below.

• You are a Class Member if you purchased any of the following Premier Protein Ready-To-Drink Shake products in the United States from August 8, 2011 through October 12, 2018: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, Banana & Cream, Peaches & Cream, Cookies & Cream, Mixed Berry, Organic Chocolate, Organic Vanilla and Caramel flavors (the "Products").

• If you are eligible to participate in this Proposed Settlement because you purchased one or more of the Products in the United States from August 8, 2011 through October 12, 2018, you can submit a claim for a cash payment from the Settlement Fund. 

To submit a claim, you must complete a Claim Form.

You can submit an electronic Claim Form quickly and easily on the Internet at www.ProteinShakeSettlement.com. Read the instructions carefully, and submit it online on or before December 20, 2018.

Alternatively, you may also submit a hard copy Claim Form by mailing it to the following address: Protein Shake Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 25159, Richmond, VA 23260. It must be postmarked no later than December 20, 2018. You may access a printable Claim Form at www.ProteinShakeSettlement.com.

Each class member may submit a claim, either electronically through a settlement website or by mail, for each of the Products purchased during the class period. If you are entitled to relief and have valid proof of purchase, you will be entitled to submit a claim for $1 per purchased shake of Premier Protein Shake Products up to $40.00 in cash, subject to pro rata adjustment. If you are entitled to relief and do not have proof of purchase, you will be entitled to submit a claim for $0.50 per purchased shake of Premier Protein Shake Products up to $20.00 in cash, subject to pro rata adjustment.

Your recovery, and the recovery of every other claimant, will be proportionally adjusted to account for the available portion of the Settlement Fund. Depending on the total dollar amount of all valid claims, this adjustment may increase or decrease your recovery.

2 hours ago, DAVID VAN said:

I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT.  IS IT TOO LATE TO FILE?  I SEE DEADLINE WAS DEC. 2018.  ???

Welcome to Thinner Times David!

Apparently, The deadline to submit a claim was December 20, 2018. We cannot accept any new claims.  

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, cinwa said:

So I sent in a claim for this since I was using Premiere at that time and I still do.  Ho long until we here something on this?

Edited by tracyringo

Well what do you know, I got my check today for $17.20 .  They are only paying for up to 40 shakes, glad I got something though.

21 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Well what do you know, I got my check today for $17.20 .  They are only paying for up to 40 shakes, glad I got something though.

Got mine too :)

On 4/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, tracyringo said:

On 4/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, msmarymac said:

Got mine too :)

I received mine too. Since I had receipts for my purchases, my check was for $34.40 :rolleyes: