36 Hours from now I will be at the hospital getting prepped for surgery!

This has been the longest couple weeks of my life, being on a very strict liquid only diet, and now 4 days of clear liquids only.  I am tired and hungry, but I am excited!

My highest weight was in Feb at about 340, and when I started this process in April, I was at 316. As of this morning I am down to 276!

Wish me well, and if you have any recovery tips (I am taking a whopping 6 weeks off from work thanks to our generous medical leave program), let me know!

Good luck! It's coming soon, now :) 

Prop yourself up in bed using a million pillows for support so you don't roll or twist. Take a lot of naps. Try different temperatures of liquids post-op until you find what works for you. Use some sort of app timer/scheduler for your meds, vitamins, and liquids. Watch a bunch of inspirational YouTube videos so you don't feel like you're alone in this.

Some of my favorites are Milla K, Chemistry Queen, and Clusie L. Fun, funny, informative, and positive.

Good luck. I took a valium the night before my surgery (i had some left after being prescribed them when my husband died) so I slept very peacefully. Woke up, headed to hospital and just gave myself over to the surgeon. I didn't let any negative thoughts into my head. I read somewhere that laying in bed after surgery with my arms above my head would ward off the worst of the gas pains...I don't know if it works but I had far less gas pain than I did after an earlier hysterectomy, and zero shoulder tip pain.... Let's be honest....it can't hurt! I also made sure I had sugar free peppermints, and peppermint and ginger tea on hand at the hospital and where I would be recovering for the few days before heading home. Unlike many others I was started on real food while in the hospital...I was very surprised by this, and didn't really have more than a bite (or mouthful) of anything they gave me as I was nauseous and the food was either too salty or too sweet for me at the time. Get up and start walking around as soon as the nurses let you, and take in as much fluid as you can. That's the easiest way to get released from hospital.

Hang in there MissB - the waiting can be the worst part of this journey.

I can't add much to what Jen and AussieBear have said - hang in there and try to keep busy to help take your mind off your surgery.  Organizing your wardrobe is a great place to start.  I'm sure that like most of us, you've probably got a selection of clothes in varying sizes and some are likely to be too big already - you won't be needing them anymore so maybe pack them up for Goodwill (or whatever) but don't forget to keep one of your big girl outfits - that can be a great morale booster on your journey.

Good luck to you! Update here as soon as possible I want to know everything not that I haven't been bombarding myself with as much information as possible LOL. I wish you a great surgery comfortable post-op and fast healing!

Christina

@QuietMissB I hope everything went okay with your surgery looking forward to an update. Sending Good Vibes for a speedy recovery!:D

On 10/16/2018 at 5:50 PM, Montecarlono1 said:

@QuietMissB I hope everything went okay with your surgery looking forward to an update. Sending Good Vibes for a speedy recovery!:D

Thanks! Life ended up getting away from me, but all went well. Going to update my stats now and post an update....