SuprFlyLas

I can't believe it!

I am truly amazed that the time has come, where I have successfully undergone gastric bypass! (RNY). I have been trying to achieve this for 7 years, and due to one reason or another (usually insurance), I was unable to get through the pre-op qualifications. My operation took place on 09/18/18 and I have already lost about 40 pounds. I am so excited that this journey is finally beginning, and even more excited for my life to change for the better.  What I look forward to the most is being able to participate in all types of different sports and outdoor activities. Not to mention, I have a 2 and a half year old at home that I need to be able to keep up with. I just want physical freedom, and now that this surgery has taken place, I am well on my way to experiencing it.

I'm. So. HAPPY! :)

Welcome to Thinner Times and congratulations on your recent WLS.  40lb down is a terrific start - I look forward to following you on your journey.

Welcome! You’re off to a great start!

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  I have never regretted having a gastric bypass.  

Glad to hear you're doing so well! Off to a great start :) It sounds like you have some great motivation - increased energy for running after a little one will be such a nice outcome. 

@SuprFlyLas

Be sure to record your inches around you at the waist, hips, bosom, arms, thighs, neck too .... everywhere. That will give you pleasure.

Welcome!  You are doing amazing!  Keep up the great work!

@BurgundyBoy, thank you, that is a great tip!!

1 hour ago, SuprFlyLas said:

@BurgundyBoy, thank you, that is a great tip!!

Sometimes even when we do not lose weight, we lose size, as our bodies transmogrify... :D

I LOVE IT!

Buying a tape measurer tonight :lol:

Welcome, @SuprFlyLas! And congratulations on a successful start! I'm so happy that you stuck with the waiting through the long preop process! You deserve the great motivation you have! 

I feel like you do. I'm SOOOOOO happy!! Happy for this tool to start the rest of my life! Enjoy and stick with the forum! It's a great, friendly, caring, informative place! :)