CarlMarch

Need your Opinion

Okay, I am a week after surgery.  My cuts look pretty decent but this one looks a little different from the others.  What do y'all think?  It has a little redness but no discharge.  Thanks for your input.

Screenshot_20181008-010736.png

The larger of my laparoscopic portholes was a little angry like that one Carl but I was told that it was pretty normal and as long as it wasn't weeping, it would be OK but get someone to check it out at your next follow-up (or before if it starts weeping).

Thanks.  I kinda figured that but I wasn't 100℅ sure.  

@CarlMarch out of curiosity, did you have drains when you came home from the hospital? And did they use glue instead of stitches?

i understand if these are too personal to respond to!

@Boston Redhead, I don't mind.  I didn't have a drain tube when I woke up from the surgery.  They used the glue which seems to work pretty well.

Sweet! I didn’t much care for the drain I went home with after my gall bladder surgery. 

Keep us up to date on how you’re feeling.

Some surgeons use drains for weight loss surgery and some do not.  My surgeon used no drains.

I came home with a drain (for a week).  You'll find a picture in my gallery.

It was more of an annoyance than anything else and emptying/measuring the contents was a little gross at first.