gigiwalter1

The waiting game!

The waiting game has begun. My case was submitted to insurance today. Hoping I hear back by the end of next week!! 

I’m sorry that you have a wait, but weight loss surgery can really change your life in so many positive ways. I have never regretted having a gastric bypass. 

We are here to support and inform you. 

Congrats on getting to this step! Waiting is hard, of course, but you can use this time to read up on all the post-op details and people's blogs, watch YouTube videos of people going through the process, and work on making sure you're making the lifestyle changes you'll need to be successful. It's good if you can try to look at it as a chance to make sure everything is ready for you.

Fingers crossed that you aren't kept waiting for too long .... hang in there, I know this can be a difficult time.

Got my insurance approval today!!! I meet with the surgeon again on the 19th and will get my surgery date that day! So excited!!!!

49 minutes ago, gigiwalter1 said:

Got my insurance approval today!!! I meet with the surgeon again on the 19th and will get my surgery date that day! So excited!!!!

That is wonderful news!  I am so very happy for you. 

1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

That is wonderful news!  I am so very happy for you. 

Thanks so much!!! 

Congrats, not long now !

9 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Congrats, not long now !

I know! As corny as it may sound, it still doesn’t feel real yet. I’ve wanted and waited for this for so long!

@gigiwalter1 How did your last appt with the surgeon go? When are you scheduled for surgery??  :)  

14 hours ago, Brattykid said:

@gigiwalter1 How did your last appt with the surgeon go? When are you scheduled for surgery??  :)  

I can't believe I didn't update! Things have just been a little crazy around here. Anyway last appointment went good. Surgery is scheduled for November 14!! Get to start my 2 week pre-op diet in the morning...not super excited bout it but I'll get through it. Funny thing is I was just getting on here to add my surgery to the calendar when I saw your message. Thanks for checking up on me!!!

Hang in there Gigi - you're on the final stretch.  Exciting times for sure but keep focussed - the pre-op diet can be tough but you can do this.

9 hours ago, gigiwalter1 said:

I can't believe I didn't update! Things have just been a little crazy around here. Anyway last appointment went good. Surgery is scheduled for November 14!! Get to start my 2 week pre-op diet in the morning...not super excited bout it but I'll get through it. Funny thing is I was just getting on here to add my surgery to the calendar when I saw your message. Thanks for checking up on me!!!

The pre op diet will be over before you know it, hang in there !

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

Hang in there Gigi - you're on the final stretch.  Exciting times for sure but keep focussed - the pre-op diet can be tough but you can do this.

I am surprised. The shakes and oatmeal on this HMR diet really aren’t bad. Thankfully. Yes I’m definitely excited but nerves are starting to creep in too. 

1 hour ago, gigiwalter1 said:

I am surprised. The shakes and oatmeal on this HMR diet really aren’t bad. Thankfully. Yes I’m definitely excited but nerves are starting to creep in too. 

Good to know!  LOL I've tried a few of the shakes ahead of time and pre-made a whole lot of flavored broth for my 2 weeks which starts the day after your surgery! I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted!