CarlMarch

2 days until Surgery

My surgery is scheduled for October 1st and to say I'm nervous is an understatement..  I tried to talk my wife into running away and hitting a buffet on Monday instead of showing up at the Hospital.. lol. I was only half kidding.  I found out a lot about myself the last three weeks.  One of the biggest things is that I am definitely addicted to food.  I wasn't hungry but it was constantly on my mind.  I know that I am going to have to deal with that post-op but realizing I do have that issue gives me a lot of confidence that I am going to be successful.  I know I can make it thru whatever is on the other side.  I'll try and post an update after I get home from the hospital.  I want to thank all of you who have posted and given great insight and advice.  

Best of luck on the big day! You’re going to be fine :) It’s certainly a good thing to recognize food addiction so you will be ready to battle it when you face it. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when that happens!

Just the weekend to get through Carl - keep busy - this can be a trying time but it sounds as if you've got your head in the game.

Good luck!  It really does get easier for most of us.  Immediately post op I read recipes, lol!  I still think of food and cooking all day but now I just enjoy cooking for others..  just remember, protein first-it fills you up!

Carl - thinking of you today - have a safe trip to the losers bench.