Sign in to follow this  
LeeC

Been a very long summer

Hi gang . Sorry I haven't been here much over the summer.  Have had way too much going on.  The good - the middle son and family found a home to rent and moved from our house to their new home two weeks ago.  1200 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath just doesn't work for two families of 2 retirees with 2 small pets compounded by 2 adults with 2 to 4 children and 2 large dogs.  But we got them through their rough spot.  The mediocre news, the declining health of my husband - mostly Agent Orange (Vietnam Vet) related health issues (diabetes, heart, breathing). The bad news, verbal abuse by him.  But I've got my mind in a good place now and I will take care of him unless/until he gives me another "and if you don't like you can move" then I will (move).  The best news, 33 months post op and the weight has been steady and my BMI is 26.  Being physically healthy helps me cope better with the other stuff in life.

It's good to see you posting Lee - you've been missed.

Great that your son and family have found a house - I'm sure that you and your husband are enjoying having your own space again - not to mention the peace and quiet.  That's something I cherish.

But I'm sorry to hear that you're now having to deal with your husbands Agent Orange health issues along with his abuse.  I deal with the same with my DH and it's emotionally challenging to say the least but it sounds as if you've got your head in a good place.

If you need to let off steam - PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

I can relate, we seem to have an open door policy here as well.  Oldest daughter, her hubby and son moved in for 14 months 3 years ago after living in France and China for 10 years. Not a year later, youngest daughter moved in bringing a hubby and 2 huge dogs and a cat that doesn’t get along with our 3 cats and having a baby 6 weeks ago.  They are looking to buy a house.

while I love them to pieces it adds stress.  Add in the girls are as stubborn as I am.  My hubby travels for his job so I don’t have back up.  

Stand strong with your hubby.  Maybe the stress will decline with a smaller household.