Sign in to follow this  
kristinwitha_k

Compression garments/floppy skin

Anyone have any recommendations?

My stomach in particular is giving me trouble - there's enough fat still there that it really flops around when I'm doing anything that's higher impact (today was jumping rope) and it's not just awkward, it's uncomfortable.

I've seriously thought about wearing an old piece of shapewear that's starting to get too big, because I'm not convinced a compression t-shirt would stay put if I'm also being really active with my arms. 

What do you do? 

I have a shapewear tank I picked up at Kohl's 6 months ago.  It was super difficult to get on back then, but now it's just like a skin-tight tank.  It keeps everything from jiggling and provides a little smoothing, but doesn't really slim at all anymore.  I should probably get a new one but I'm paying a ton of vet bills right now, which puts my flab in second place for priorities.  ;) 

It's long - comes down over my hips, so it provides some control there and in the butt area as well. 

Several layers of tight Spandex-y cloth, a top and high drawers help the middle

With extra skin, it's all about either resigned accommodation to it or surgical removal for most of us. It would seem yet another advantage of youth is skin plasticity and better capacity to reduce over time to better fit the underlying body. Maybe exercise helps...

Thanks for the ideas, @Kio and @BurgundyBoy! I ended up doing the old piece of shapewear today since I haven't had a chance to go shopping and it worked well. Will have to go looking for some extra long and extra tight layering pieces. Sigh. I wouldn't trade the floppy for the fat, but it is just one more thing to have to deal with, no?