EMHMaine

One year surgiversary!

Today was the big day - one year from surgery date! I feel like a million bucks!

Best. Decision. Ever :) 

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG

And you look like a million bucks too! 

Congratulations and happy 1st Surgiversary.

Looking it as well. Interestingly you didn't actually look as big front on before as your stats would suggest. The side images though show just how much your hard work has paid dividends.

You look great !!  Congrats

And you look like you feel....one million bucks!!!!  Congrats and happy surgiversary!!!  Look at you under goal on your surgiversary!  Awesome! Your after shot in the blue outfit resembles our @Jen581791!  Looking slim there,  @EMHMaine!!!

@EMHMaine, what a terrific transformation! Congrats on your surgiversary! You look FABULOUS!! I'm noticing right away that your legs aren't showing any signs of loose skin. Terrific! And your smile and hiking outfit says it all! Keep in touch so we newbies can be inspired! :) 

I have to ask a couple questions. I noticed you hit your goal on June 4. So congrats on your first 3+ months of maintenance! How have they been? Emotionally? And do you still see changes in your body? I'd love to hear what your first impressions of the "maintenance cafe" are! 

@EMHMaine You look great, just radiant smile. Congratulations!!

Keep up the great work. Your looking terrific.

Wow. Great job!  You are an inspiration to us all. :)

Wow, beautiful lady! You look great, fit, happy, full of energy, and so proud. Congrats on your surgiversary and your few months so far in the Maintenance Cafe. Keep up your hard work, and give yourself a pat on the back for getting yourself to where you wanted to be :) 

On September 21, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

I have to ask a couple questions. I noticed you hit your goal on June 4. So congrats on your first 3+ months of maintenance! How have they been? Emotionally? And do you still see changes in your body? I'd love to hear what your first impressions of the "maintenance cafe" are! 

Great questions! I have to admit that emotionally, I am terrified of regaining my weight. Hitting maintenance is a scary place for me, as I'm sure most of you would agree, and I have never stayed there for long during past "visits" (when dieting, not since surgery). And I am embarrassed to admit that I hoped I would dip below where I wanted to be so that I had some wiggle room to regain a small amount. My weight loss has stopped around 170 ... I go up and down between 168--170 range for the past 3-4 months. I try to focus on giving myself positive affirmations, but the devil on my shoulder says I should try to get lower. UGH Thinking 160 would be a great number, but my body seems to think otherwise.

That being said, I continue to see my counselor, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer (3xweek). I have a devoted family and wonderful friends. If I stayed at this weight, I would be perfectly happy - as I should be! :)  But it's so tough to quiet the negative voices in my head. So I continue to work on these issues and be patient with myself.

I don't see major changes in my body at this point, as they all seemed to happen so quickly the first six months. I continue to build muscle from doing my weight training and I have no aches and pains which is amazing! 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, EMHMaine said:

Great questions! I have to admit that emotionally, I am terrified of regaining my weight. Hitting maintenance is a scary place for me, as I'm sure most of you would agree, and I have never stayed there for long during past "visits" (when dieting, not since surgery). And I am embarrassed to admit that I hoped I would dip below where I wanted to be so that I had some wiggle room to regain a small amount. My weight loss has stopped around 170 ... I go up and down between 168--170 range for the past 3-4 months. I try to focus on giving myself positive affirmations, but the devil on my shoulder says I should try to get lower. UGH Thinking 160 would be a great number, but my body seems to think otherwise.

That being said, I continue to see my counselor, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer (3xweek). I have a devoted family and wonderful friends. If I stayed at this weight, I would be perfectly happy - as I should be! :)  But it's so tough to quiet the negative voices in my head. So I continue to work on these issues and be patient with myself.

I don't see major changes in my body at this point, as they all seemed to happen so quickly the first six months. I continue to build muscle from doing my weight training and I have no aches and pains which is amazing! 

@EMHMaine, thank you so much for your thoughtful answer. I'm really afraid of gaining back weight while on maintenance too. And I'm not even there yet! I've never been able to stay at a low weight. Congrats for staying the same for 3-4 months. That's a HUUUUUUUUUGE achievement!!!!!!!!!! Keep up with the positive affirmations and tell that devil on your other shoulder to put a sock in it. You are fantastic! :)