msmarymac

Not exactly a recipe but...

I thought I'd share what my colleagues and I have been doing...salad prep! 

Every Monday we each bring 2 salad topping ingredients that we have signed up for plus 5 containers to put together our salads for the week.  Each person brings their produce washed, chopped and ready for salad.  First thing Monday we put out our offerings and assemble our 5 salad topping masterpieces for the week.  If there is an ingredient you don't like, just skip it.  Not everybody participates every week which is perfectly OK, or sometimes they'll just sign up for 1 topping and just make 2 or 3 salads.  It is so awesome to only have to prepare a couple of things but get this beautiful colorful fresh veggie lunch.

Everyone provides their own protein and lettuce to complete their salad.  I just skip the lettuce entirely and just have a protein and veggie salad which is amazing.  This has really upped my fresh veggie consumption which has worked wonders on the old GI tract ;)

We adapted this from a Pinterest (of course) salad prep idea that people do in homes, in church groups, etc. 

I love that idea!!! Now to convince my colleagues...

Whoa, what a fabulous idea! I work "alone" now, so no immediate colleagues, but I'm squirreling this idea a way to use at some point. Thanks!