It has been a little over 2 years now since my surgery. The first 2 years were great but over the last 2 months, I have put on 6 kg. My waist line got bigger and I am struggling to fit into my clothes- everything seems to tight. I have not been watching what I eat and can't seem to cut down on sugar. All I think about is what can I eat next. I can't believe this has happened after all I have been through. 

You took the first step in helping yourself by coming on here. Get the sugar and junk out of the house and start logging.  My biggest fear is the 2 year mark because that is where folks tend to start regaining from what I have read. You can put a stop to it now before it gets out of hand.  Good luck to you and welcome to Thinner Times

Welcome to Thinner Times Samantha!

Have you taken a look at the 5-Day Pouch Test

A lot of our members have had success with it.  It helps you get back on track and weed out the stuff that creeps back into our diet.

I agree with @cinwa's suggestion of trying the 5 day pouch test, or another sort of "reset" as there are several available.  I have used it a couple of times when a have felt like I was losing control.  More than anything it helped me "snap out of it" and get my head back in the game.  Of course when the 5 days are up you can't go back to what you are doing now, you have to go back to eating the way you did while you were losing and/or maintaining.  Which for most means lean protein first, then veggies, adding in good carbs once maintenance is reached.  If there are particular foods that seem to trigger a loss of control (for me it is Snickers and Oreos) I'd avoid them completely and reserve the occasional treat for foods that do not trigger that. 

You still have the tools for success, I wish you the best!

@Samantha123

You can do this. You went from 140 kgs down to 69 kgs and you still have your bypass. 

In my view sugar meets the criteria for an addictive substance - you can't get enough, you continue to "use" (eat) it even though it has negative consequences, and it activates the pleasure centers of the brain. Stopping your intake of sugar leads to withdrawal displeasure, and almost everyone continues to eat sugar despite the desire to cut down or cut it out. So it's no wonder that you find this difficult. But you have already done this in the past, so you have the capacity to do it!  Throw foods with sugar out of the house along with any trigger foods. 

You can do this!