CheeringCJ

Forgot to post my inches lost

I took my measurement on my ribbons last week but forgot to post them. Here they are. Less lost in upper body but still losing lots on lower body! I just posted it on my 10 m blog update here,  but I'll also post it in socialize bc it is still so astonishing to me. I know you've all lost or will lose lots of inches too, but isn't it just incredible?!?!  I've never lost like that before! 

A2EED3A2-D953-4031-B2ED-3ACA1B5B3949.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

Woo hoo! That's such a great visual - what an excellent idea, and you're seeing it in fruition now. 

Love your new avatar, btw. I see a thigh gap there... You're hilarious!

giphy.gif

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO  way to go CJ you are doing awesome !!

5 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Woo hoo! That's such a great visual - what an excellent idea, and you're seeing it in fruition now. 

giphy.gif

@CheeringCJ is NOT mooning us. Unless she has turned her hands around in some novel way. :rolleyes:

Way to go!

12 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I giphy.gif

Glad you found it so hilarious (as did Stanley, evidently!)....I debated about putting it there, like it was kinda weird, but then again, so am i so i did it!  It’s so amazing to me bc I have seen the mythical thigh gap before but never had one! It still is pretty minor but still it’s THERE!  Today I was in front of the full length mirror at work and had my short light green (size 8-10!) dress on and it ends.    About 2-3 inches above my knees and I kept looking at it and how far apart my legs are now.  Granted my hips are at the same place, but the thighs aren’t as wide so they don’t touch all of the way down to the knees so there is a huge space that is visible in a short dress now.  Incredible!

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Glad you found it so hilarious (as did Stanley, evidently!)....I debated about putting it there, like it was kinda weird, but then again, so am i so i did it!  It’s so amazing to me bc I have seen the mythical thigh gap before but never had one! It still is pretty minor but still it’s THERE!  Today I was in front of the full length mirror at work and had my short light green (size 8-10!) dress on and it ends.    About 2-3 inches above my knees and I kept looking at it and how far apart my legs are now.  Granted my hips are at the same place, but the thighs aren’t as wide so they don’t touch all of the way down to the knees so there is a huge space that is visible in a short dress now.  Incredible!

Seriously, that's an amazing thing! I love the fact that there's just space around my body now: space between my body parts and my other body parts (legs are farther apart, arms aren't squeezed all up in my sides, nothing chafes), space between my body parts and all the objects around them (clothes, chair arms, my handbag - it even hangs differently), and space between my body parts and other people (I can give way better hugs now). 

Own that thigh gap, and proudly show it to us in your avatar. 

Stanley is maybe my favorite office character. He laughs so rarely that you know he means it when he breaks up like that!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! And I love the measuring ribbons! You should post that on the introduce part for people before surgery. I wish I had done that! I never took measurements because I didn't want to see the numbers, but I would have done the ribbons because they only show how much you've lost. So glad you shared them with us!

And I love the new avatar too! Awesome!!!! 

7 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! And I love the measuring ribbons! You should post that on the introduce part for people before surgery. I wish I had done that! I never took measurements because I didn't want to see the numbers, but I would have done the ribbons because they only show how much you've lost. So glad you shared them with us!

And I love the new avatar too! Awesome!!!! 

That was why it wasn’t frightening to me, I figured I’d do the ribbons (just thought it up shortly before surgery, thank goodness) bc of my not wanting to see something in the 50s on my tape measure!  I never have done inch measurements since I lost weight and if I ever needed to know, I could always just measure the ribbon, but i doubt I ever will.  I only know my waist measurement every year when my dr has to take it for my bio-profile. This Spring it was much lower, than in previous years...and next Spring...wow is she going to be happy about it!

You are doing awesome, @Cindy Lou Who!!!!  You are only 0.4 away from goal!?!?!  (Or wait, you changed your goal?  The ticker says 0.4 but your goal weight is 140). Anyway, you are also closing in on the 100# loss.....in such a short time....you are simply amazing!!!!!

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I only know my waist measurement every year when my dr has to take it for my bio-profile. This Spring it was much lower, than in previous years...and next Spring...wow is she going to be happy about it!

Isn't it fantastic to actually look forward to a doctor's visit! :D

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

You are doing awesome, @Cindy Lou Who!!!!  You are only 0.4 away from goal!?!?!  (Or wait, you changed your goal?  The ticker says 0.4 but your goal weight is 140). Anyway, you are also closing in on the 100# loss.....in such a short time....you are simply amazing!!!!!

Thanks. I have two different numbers because I really had no idea when I started what my goal should be. I didn't really want to even have a goal, I just wanted my body to be my guide. Now that I'm getting close to the 100 pound weight loss, I really want it! And a normal BMI would be around the same weight so that would be incredible as well! Woot, woot!! :D