never2late

confused....

15 days post op.. 2nd day of Puree stage. I make sure what I eat is applesauce texture. I eat slowly. I wait between bites. I get about 2 tablespoons. I think I'm full. food seems to sit in upper stomach. i stop. and then 20 mins later, my stomach feels empty. So am I getting mixed signals?? confused.

I'm a RNY'er but the rules are the same and it can be confusing.

Early puree stage, I definitely felt full on 2 TBS but my NUT said that it was perfectly normal.  As long as I was meeting my protein needs with shakes (and getting my fluids in), I was told not to worry about the amount (or lack of) pureed food  I was getting in.   Do not push it - it will improve - I promise.

11 hours ago, never2late said:

15 days post op.. 2nd day of Puree stage. I make sure what I eat is applesauce texture. I eat slowly. I wait between bites. I get about 2 tablespoons. I think I'm full. food seems to sit in upper stomach. i stop. and then 20 mins later, my stomach feels empty. So am I getting mixed signals?? confused.

Would just listen to your body. I was terribly confused about the signals I got after my vertical sleeve. One thing about this stage, is that being medically cleared to try pureed foods does not mean that your body is 100% in agreement with your docs. :blink: This transition, and the one to solid foods, can take a period of time. But you'll get there!

If you feel full, stop. The only times I ever overate (and vomited) were during these transitions. You'll figure it out. 

It is hard in the beginning knowing all theses things. Just go slow .  I waited 3 hrs at least before trying to eat after a meal or snack.  Just make sure you are getting all your fluids in.  Good luck to you !