Amyitsgunago

Having a sleeve in November :-)

Hi, I’ve struggled for so long with my weight and am so ready for a new beginning!! I am so excited!

I’m booked in to have my operation on the 5th November. 

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for what I should take with me to hospital or any general tips for pre op/post op change? 

Thanks 

Amy

Hi Amy. welcome to TT. I suggest to wear loose clothing for the trip home and maybe a neck/head pillow for sleeping in the hospital bed. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Amy!

Pack light.  Wear something loose and comfortable (lounge pants etc.) so you can wear them when you go home.  The usual toothpaste and brush, comb, lip salve (essential), etc. etc.

Phone of course.  I had a book but never opened it.  Have a pillow available in the vehicle that you're going to travel home in.  It's good to hold something against your tummy to help with a bumpy ride.

@Amyitsgunago

Good trashy book(s) that you can read after surgery, and fall asleep to, and then pick up again. I read two during the 36 hours I was in hospital. 

Thank you for your ideas will definitely take these on board :D

Welcome! All the advice you’ve gotten so far is right on. Comfortable clothes are key. I also brought an exercise bra that didn’t fit too tightly and I could easily pull on and off. I just wore that (and comfy, loose pajama pants) for the majority of my stay in the hospital (I’d put on a hospital gown when I had to walk laps). I found, with all the tubes and wires, the less I was wearing, the easier it made things. 

Edited by athenarose

Welcome, Amy! 

Just think, the whole country will be celebrating your WLS with fireworks that night... ;) 

You have such an amazing time coming in your near future. 

Some things to do beforehand: wean yourself off simple carbs, stop drinking fizzy drinks if you drink them, measure yourself (in lots of places), take good "before" pictures, find some WLS video blogs on YouTube to watch (Milla K, Chemistry Queen, and Clusie L are some of my favorites), and make sure you understand your future dietary changes. 

Best of luck!