Hi all,

im almost 10 months post op, lost 100lb. Everything has been going great, and I go to the gym 4-5x a week. I had a last rough few weeks and feel on top of it, that I could eat a lot...like 2-3cups and I’m starting to create bad habits. How can I fix this? Is it normal I can eat so much(btw I do feel full after 1/2c but can keep going), haven’t puked etc. what can I do to recreate and generate healthy habits with food too?

Congrats on the 100 lb loss !!  What are you able to eat 2-3 cups of ?  I can eat a cup of yogurt. No way can I eat more then that and I don't think we are suppose to eat more than a cup of anything at a meal.

Did you eat on plan for the past 10 months ?  You already stated you are starting to create bad habits and that you feel full at a 1/2 cup. So the question is why are you doing things that you know you shouldn't do ?

Get the stuff out of your house that are causing you problems and if you don't track your food I would start. Good luck

1 hour ago, Onederlandgirl said:

Hi all,

im almost 10 months post op, lost 100lb. Everything has been going great, and I go to the gym 4-5x a week. I had a last rough few weeks and feel on top of it, that I could eat a lot...like 2-3cups and I’m starting to create bad habits. How can I fix this? Is it normal I can eat so much(btw I do feel full after 1/2c but can keep going), haven’t puked etc. what can I do to recreate and generate healthy habits with food too?

At pretty nigh on 11 years out, I still plan and weigh/measure everything because if I don't, I have the capacity to eat a lot more than I should.  But if you feel full after 1/2 cup (I'm assuming that's dense foods), stop.  If you don't, you'll be unlikely to reach your goal and worse, it could lead to you regaining weight and you're too close to your goal to allow that happen.

Hi all,

Well, not only congrats on the weight loss, but also kudos for recognizing the issues. Give yourself even more credit too since you are going to the gym!

Is a clue to this your having had a rough few weeks? It could be the emotional reward of eating talking to you. When I have felt depressed or anxious I used to eat. It's very human. But for you and me it added to everything else that led to our former obesity. 

Suggest you consider making smaller portions of food so you can't easily eat the 2-3 cups you mention unless you cook dinner twice. It's harder to rationalize eating more ... if you have to cook an whole other meal. And if you are drinking liquids during meals, go back to only drinking fluids before or after the meal, so the dense protein foods don't get washed out. I'm 18 months out and everything, everything is still carefully measured and weighed. I don't buy pre-made foods (except the odd roast chicken, and even that is rare) so I have to make all my own meals. 

Good luck. All journeys start by putting one foot in front of the other! and NO ONE is perfect. Just dust yourself off when you fall down and keep going. 

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance . I’ve been on track for the most part, except for the occasional here and there, and even then I was careful about how much I allowed(ie: 1 piece of something vs all day poor eating). I think I just fell off a bit and graze throughout the day, but  every day I plan on a good healthy day and then I seem to take a bite of something I shouldn’t be. 

The worst part is that I just think it’s a habit thing, since I know how to eat healthy and have typically applied it. I think I get full at the right portion size and then eat again before I need to.. Would going back to correct eating rules allow me to have much restriction as before? 

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance . I’ve been on track for the most part, except for the occasional here and there, and even then I was careful about how much I allowed(ie: 1 piece of something vs all day poor eating). I think I just fell off a bit and graze throughout the day, but  every day I plan on a good healthy day and then I seem to take a bite of something I shouldn’t be. 

The worst part is that I just think it’s a habit thing, since I know how to eat healthy and have typically applied it. I think I get full at the right portion size and then eat again before I need to.. Would going back to correct eating rules allow me to have much restriction as before? 

Eat every 3 to 4 hours. If you want your pouch to shrink back do the 5 day Reset.

Thanks, wasn’t sure if that is real or not 

8 hours ago, Onederlandgirl said:

Thanks, wasn’t sure if that is real or not 

Yes it is real, I had a painful surgery at 10 1/2 month post op and didn't care to eat much for about 2 weeks. When I started eating normally again I had problems trying to get in enough food because my pouch had shrunk up so much I felt like I was 2 or 3 months out.

thank you! will certainly try today :)