My surgery date was 13th August 2018. Just introducing my self to the neighbourhood. Had Gastric Bypass op... On day 14 today. Lost 15 kilo amazed at the fast loss. 

Congratulations on the rapid loss so far... from a fellow Australian. 

Don't be too alarmed when it slows down, because it will. You'll likely also face a stall in losses in the next week or two as your body tries to adjust to such a dramatic loss. Make sure you have photos and measurements to refer back to for when this happens. Even during stalls your body will change and weight redistributes. Photos and measurements can help keep you sane when the inevitable stalls and even minor gains occur.

Welcome!

Welcome!  Your weight loss rate probably will slow down, as losing 4 to 7 KG per month after gastric bypass surgery is more normal.  But you will be amazed at how wonderful it will feel to see your excess weight fall off month after month. And remember that a 5 KG (11 pounds) average monthly weight loss will produce a total weight loss in 10 months of 50 KG (110 pounds).   

As @Aussie Bear correctly notes, weight loss stalls are very common after weight loss surgery, especially in the first couple of months, but these stalls usually last only a week or so.

Be sure to drink lots of liquids, take your vitamins, eat a diet based on lean protein, and lead an active lifestyle, as all of these things are necessary to losing weight and remaining healthy.

We are here to support you.

Welcome, @Tanny

Welcome to Thinner Times Tanny!

Congratulations on a great start.

Hi @Tanny

First couple of weeks are usually the ones with the most discomforts, so should be smoother sailing now ahead of you. Congrats on the big big weight loss, remember everyone has their  own path / trajectory and don't focus too much on getting to X weight by Y time. Slow and steady gets you there just as well as fast. Just stick to the Plan (protein, protein, and fluids), take your vitamins, and you'll be transformed into a butterfly soon enough!

Welcome and congrats on the start of the new healthy you!

Hi there, @Tanny, and way to go! You are having a stellar go at this! 

I'm not from Australia, but I spent a year out of the last five working in Perth! Have a great friend in Mandurah so drove by your town many times. It's a small world and so glad you're hear with us to join in our journey. I'm new and not yet wise, but I can tell you there are LOTS of wise and wonderful people on this forum. Stay in touch! :)

Just stick with your program.  It will come off.  Good luck!

Greetings @Tanny from Melbourne! Good to see another Aussie here.

(I also know your neck of the woods as I have friends in the area! Nice part of the world. )

Congrats on your surgery. I'm doing 8 weeks of the VLCD... and 1 week and 2 days in. But who's counting? 

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey. I'm so excited for you! 

My son lives in Perth.... he recently purchased a house there...so I'm not unconnected there either!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to TT.

19 hours ago, SarahBMelbs said:

(I also know your neck of the woods as I have friends in the area! Nice part of the world. )

Congrats on your surgery. I'm doing 8 weeks of the VLCD... and 1 week and 2 days in. But who's counting? 

Thankyou and good luck

19 hours ago, SarahBMelbs said:

Thanks heaps