Recommendations vary by program, but generally I think people try to get between 60-90 grams of protein per day.  At your stage though, you should probably be aiming for solid, dense proteins rather than shakes.  Shakes are mainly useful to get to goals when you're not so far out from surgery, or when you're trying to kick a carb habit that has crept back in.  At 4 years out I would think it would be better to try to feel full - something shakes won't get you.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:24 AM, Itsreallyme said:

It’s been about 4 1/2 years and for about 2 years I haven’t drank protein drinks . What’s the ideal grams of protein to take ? 

The US RDA is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram, or about 0.36 grams per pound. Take your weight in pounds, divide by 2.2, and you have your weight in kilograms. Many people think the minimum is too little - in other words, not ideal - and that about twice to three times this amount is better for people trying to lose weight. This assumes you are decreasing your intake of carbs to get this higher amount of protein in. 

People with kidney disease need to be careful about how much protein they eat. If you don't have kidney disease -> not a concern.