ktallon

Wish me luck

So i started tpn again earlier this week. Good news i am down another 5 pounds putting me at 188 and officialy only 23 pounds from goal. Also i hope on monday you all will keep me in your thoughts. I am having a diagnostic laparoscopy. It was discovered that i have a pocket of fluid in my abdomen as well as an abdominal wall hernia. They are going to go in and try to find the cause of the fluid as well as hopefully repair the hernia. They are holding off doing my stomal revision due to my numbers being to low (dr wants to wait until albumin and all that are high enough so i have the best chance at healing properly). Also they are going to do an upper scope at the same time to see how things are looking with the ulcer. So wish me luck and in the mean time i hope you are all doing amazing.

Lots of love going your way. Please keep us posted about your appointment on Monday. I’m rooting for you!

Give your son a hug from me. :)

Good luck, @ktallon! I hope the laparoscopy goes well.

Good vibes coming your way for a positive outcome of your laparoscopy on Monday.

Good luck on Monday.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow am. 

Thank you all for your kind words as always. I am getting ready to head to tge hospital so i will update once i am able to

Wishing you the best

19 minutes ago, ktallon said:

Thank you all for your kind words as always. I am getting ready to head to tge hospital so i will update once i am able to

Good luck! Best wishes. 

20 minutes ago, ktallon said:

I'm holding you in my thoughts and prayers .... hugs.

Best wishes for a positive outcome today.

@ktallon How did it go?

@ktallon Hope all well...

Sorry im just now updating so on Monday an emergency surgery came up so i did not end up having mine spent the night in the hospital and on Tuesday they finally took me down around 2:30 for my surgery. The surgeon ended up fixing a hernia on my left abdominal wall as well as another overstitch on a small portion of my ulcer in my stoma that was not completely healed. I am discharged and waiting on my ride home. I am hoping that with all he did i will now feel better and be in the right direction again. I will still have to continue my tpn as my levels are still low and clear liquids for a few weeks in order to give that ulcer the best chance at healing. I will also say as these epidural like shots they gave me are wearing im quite sore and was told it could take 6 weeks to fully feel 100% so wish me luck on that note.

I am very happy to hear that you are on your way home from the hospital and that the surgery seems to have gone well. Hopefully things will go much smoother for you from now on. 

We remain here to support you. 

@ktallon Good to hear from you! Glad you are escaping from the hospital. 

Best of luck with your recovery, @ktallon! I’m looking forward to hearing your updates.

I probably won't be on much the next few days the nerve blocks the anesthesiologists gave me are wearing off and im in quite a bit of pain like i can hardly walk. Unfortunately they sent me home with tramadol for pain but its not helping. So i will be putting a call in to my surgeon here shortly.

I'm sorry you're pain is not better controlled ktallon.  Sending a gentle hug.

@ktallon How are you doing? Gentle hugs. 

@NerdyToothpick i am doing a little better still having some pain and pretty sore and of course having to lug around my lovely tpn 24 hours a day. Hopefully this is my last surgery and im on the road to recovery.

9 hours ago, ktallon said:

@NerdyToothpick i am doing a little better still having some pain and pretty sore and of course having to lug around my lovely tpn 24 hours a day. Hopefully this is my last surgery and im on the road to recovery.

We're with you on that! Glad you are a bit better too. 

@ktallon, I'm just getting caught up on what you've been going through. I'm so sorry all of this is happening!! I'm sending many prayers and hugs to you. I hope you are feeling much better by now!!:wub: