day 1 post op.... everything went smoothly yesterday. Of course they kept me well drugged up and as soon as I could i was up and walking around and doing my spirometer? ( if thats the name?)  I was quite pleased not having much pain and discomfort and thought wow, this is nice. Well today, as expected, i'm sore and the gases are moving around and I keep walking and walking and walking but not ready to come out. trying to sip, sip, sip., not so easy. the tiniest of sips cause discomfort going down and I could hear the gas bubbles.  but I know tomorrow will be a better day. so far my head is up and excited this journey has begun and I do know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

So excited for you! 

Welcome to the losers bench never2late.

Try something warm to drink - I like chamomile tea and despite what you may have been told, there are many here who will tell you that a straw can lesson the amount of air you take in by all that sipping.

how much am i suppose to be sipping the first few days?

Gotta aim for fluids of 64 ounces, or about 2 liters. Small, constant sips do the trick...

Congrats and good luck in your new journey. It’s just beginning.

Way to go!! Day by day it gets better (-:

Hooray! Congrats on making such a radical change in your life. You’ll never regret taking these steps. 

Welcome to the losers bench! It sounds like your recovery is going smoothly. It gets better one day at a time. You have an exciting year ahead of you! So much to look forward to :) 

Welcome to the losers bench! 

I read a funny meme on Facebook...

If you drink 64 oz of water a day you will not have conflict with anyone because you will be in the bathroom, alone most of the time!

64 oz of water is my goal. Have achieved it a few times, but usually can only consume 3/4 of that.

@Ro_Bro thats a cute meme... when was your surgery or is your surgery?

2 hours ago, never2late said:

@Ro_Bro thats a cute meme... when was your surgery or is your surgery?

Never, how are you doing today? You are most likely home ...

I should have had the surgery this September, but I found out that I have severe sleep apnea, so my surgeon wants to see me have 3 months of success on my cpap, which will be October 25th (but nobodys counting)

5 hours ago, Ro_Bro said:

I should have had the surgery this September, but I found out that I have severe sleep apnea, so my surgeon wants to see me have 3 months of success on my cpap, which will be October 25th (but nobodys counting)

An annoying requirement since you probably won’t have sleep apnea after you’ve lost weight from surgery! But can’t be too careful with the whole breathing to stay alive thing.

15 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

An annoying requirement since you probably won’t have sleep apnea after you’ve lost weight from surgery! But can’t be too careful with the whole breathing to stay alive thing.

@Ro_Bro There have been people who posted here who had to spend a couple of days in the ICU after surgery because they couldn't breathe so well! 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Ro_Bro There have been people who posted here who had to spend a couple of days in the ICU after surgery because they couldn't breathe so well! 

Breathing is GOOD!

I <3 Oxygen!