I decided to post after reading several people who are so disappointed with their results.  I have yet to get to my target weight. My health has improved mentally/physically.   I am still overweight. 

However, a week ago my doctor of two years told "you might want consider taking some BP meds." Oh heck "No!"  I getting the rest of this weight off. I mean really! I have maintained 70 pounds off.  I need to get to a normal weight.  At the very least 40 pounds more!  It been 4 hard butt years. I am not dieing like this!  No more excuses. I want to play with my great grand kids one day!  

First off, congrats on maintaining your 70 pound loss, that is fantastic!  Grandkids are a wonderful incentive, you can do this!

Thanks!  I just want to be my healthiest self.

185 from 270??? That's amazing honey!! Sometimes we have to look at how far we've come and if we would be here WITHOUT WLS, pat yourself on the back on how far you've come and then start being self conscious about your choices and  take it one day at a time and always remember, healthy is NOT number, who cares what the number is on the scale as long as you FEEL great and you know you are eating healthy 80% of the time. Kuddos to you :D

On 8/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, LadyFLrebotTX said:

I decided to post after reading several people who are so disappointed with their results.  I have yet to get to my target weight. My health has improved mentally/physically.   I am still overweight. 

However, a week ago my doctor of two years told "you might want consider taking some BP meds." Oh heck "No!"  I getting the rest of this weight off. I mean really! I have maintained 70 pounds off.  I need to get to a normal weight.  At the very least 40 pounds more!  It been 4 hard butt years. I am not dieing like this!  No more excuses. I want to play with my great grand kids one day!  

Good luck! You still have the tools, and you have had success. I think you are so right not to measure yourself just by pounds lost, but rather by health gains. @latina63 is right, pat yourself on the back. Yes you can lose some more but we mustn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. 

Yesterday I took a look at some documents on the Centers for Disease Control website that had some information on hypertension and diabetes in people with BMIs in the range of 25 to 30. If you are able to get more weight off, your BP should drop enough to get you out of the mildly hypertensive category. On page 14 of this document there are some statistics suggesting that if you drop 44 pounds (20 kilos, the studies were done using kilograms) then your systolic BP (top number) should drop about 12 points, and your diastolic BP about 8 points. This evidence was rated A level, the very top level of assurance. (This is the URL: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/ob_gdlns.pdf). Of course this is an estimate and you could see benefits a bit above or below those numbers. 

My BP dropped from 140/82 to 110/64 a year after surgery, when I had lost something like 90 lbs. (Systolic drop 30 pts, diastolic 18 points). I went from clearly hypertensive to clearly normal BP! And my drop was roughly about what you might expect using the CDC guidance. No meds for me!

On 8/31/2018 at 10:57 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Good luck! You still have the tools, and you have had success. I think you are so right not to measure yourself just by pounds lost, but rather by health gains. @latina63 is right, pat yourself on the back. Yes you can lose some more but we mustn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. 

Yesterday I took a look at some documents on the Centers for Disease Control website that had some information on hypertension and diabetes in people with BMIs in the range of 25 to 30. If you are able to get more weight off, your BP should drop enough to get you out of the mildly hypertensive category. On page 14 of this document there are some statistics suggesting that if you drop 44 pounds (20 kilos, the studies were done using kilograms) then your systolic BP (top number) should drop about 12 points, and your diastolic BP about 8 points. This evidence was rated A level, the very top level of assurance. (This is the URL: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/ob_gdlns.pdf). Of course this is an estimate and you could see benefits a bit above or below those numbers. 

My BP dropped from 140/82 to 110/64 a year after surgery, when I had lost something like 90 lbs. (Systolic drop 30 pts, diastolic 18 points). I went from clearly hypertensive to clearly normal BP! And my drop was roughly about what you might expect using the CDC guidance. No meds for me!

THANKS!  The reasons why I been working at being healthy? I wanted to improve my over all health. I do not want to be depended on prescription medications. So,  I will keep on fighting. Recently, my size 10 pants have started to fall off.:wub:

I just want to live my healthiest life. It will be a lifetime battle.  I am okay with that truth. Thanks my thinnertimes family!  :D