ubergirl

purging the closet- mixed emotions

3 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

As always, you are too kind to me @BurgundyBoy ❤️

Nay, not too kind, only true. In this only reporting. Venture forth ennobled, friend, without fear.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

Everyone who posted here seems so strong to me. Okay, I've heard you, and I need to do this. My birthday is a month from today on Sept 27. By that day I pledge to be a "free" woman. My husband even offered that if I have something expensive that I really like, that he's okay with paying to have it altered for me. I'll report back in a month. Promise! Thanks to all of you. I'm wondering if part of my mind-healing is stuck by this hurdle, and I have a feeling that making myself do this will free me up to move forward. 

Okay, update time. I'm a day late, but I just got back from Goodwill taking a carload of clothes. Many of them were very nice, and many of them I coveted because they were my "skinny clothes" for years, but are now too big. I'm feeling very exposed and vulnerable! Getting rid of the largest, uglier clothes was easy and I did that a few months ago, but taking these "middle" clothes that I always thought looked nice on me was really hard. Guess I'm fully committed now to not ever yoyo-ing again. Eeeeeeeeek. 

I feel like I've taken another baby step along the path of so many of my heroes on this site. When does it quit being so scary? These head challenges are a real trip. Onward ho? 

5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Okay, update time. I'm a day late, but I just got back from Goodwill taking a carload of clothes. Many of them were very nice, and many of them I coveted because they were my "skinny clothes" for years, but are now too big. I'm feeling very exposed and vulnerable! Getting rid of the largest, uglier clothes was easy and I did that a few months ago, but taking these "middle" clothes that I always thought looked nice on me was really hard. Guess I'm fully committed now to not ever yoyo-ing again. Eeeeeeeeek. 

I feel like I've taken another baby step along the path of so many of my heroes on this site. When does it quit being so scary? These head challenges are a real trip. Onward ho? 

I totally get it.  I am finding it harder to get rid of clothes now bc i love the new ones i’ve gotten (tho always at thrift stores so they aren’t a huge investment), I just love them and them and committing to being past that size forever is a little difficult....that voice inside keeps saying “never get rid of the clothes, you WILL need them back as you go back up”

btw, happy belated....did you have cake?  Mine is next week and i really don’t care if I do.  This year is different!  

On 9/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I totally get it.  I am finding it harder to get rid of clothes now bc i love the new ones i’ve gotten (tho always at thrift stores so they aren’t a huge investment), I just love them and them and committing to being past that size forever is a little difficult....that voice inside keeps saying “never get rid of the clothes, you WILL need them back as you go back up”

btw, happy belated....did you have cake?  Mine is next week and i really don’t care if I do.  This year is different!  

Happy birthday this week! It's funny that you asked if I had cake. I didn't realize the shift until you asked about it. Nope, didn't even think about cake. We usually always go out for dinner as a family for our birthdays. First I said that "I'd save it" for another time because I really couldn't think of a restaurant I was dying to go to. Then I found a pair of pink golf shoes on sale that I wanted and asked if I could order those instead of the dinner! I guess this year IS different! :) 

Because of your question, I'll always think of those pink shoes as my pink  birthday cupcakes! :lol: