Sign in to follow this  
never2late

1 week from today

I'm scheduled August 23. Just returned home from my last vacation for the summer.  Excited for the final countdown! Gonna be saying goodbye to my soda over the weekend. Meal planning for my post surgery and having my last few meals before my new lifestyle.  Can't believe its almost here!!!! only have to do liquid diet day before surgery...Got to make this week count. LOL

Congratulations! August 23 will be here before you even know it! Exciting times ahead for you.

Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:51 PM, never2late said:

I'm scheduled August 23. Just returned home from my last vacation for the summer.  Excited for the final countdown! Gonna be saying goodbye to my soda over the weekend. Meal planning for my post surgery and having my last few meals before my new lifestyle.  Can't believe its almost here!!!! only have to do liquid diet day before surgery...Got to make this week count. LOL

Good luck - only another couple of days. You doing okay? I had butterflies in my stomach. Best thing I have ever done. 

@BurgundyBoystart my liquid diet tomorrow. can't wait to start this journey

19 minutes ago, never2late said:

..... start my liquid diet tomorrow. can't wait to start this journey

You only have one day of liquids and then it'll be your day!  It's an exciting time for sure.

20 minutes ago, never2late said:

@BurgundyBoystart my liquid diet tomorrow. can't wait to start this journey

Post as you go along.

Consider measuring yourself in lots of places (neck, upper and lower arms, thighs, bosom, waist, lower legs, everywhere) since the improvements from WLS are not just measured by weight, but by contour, metabolic improvements, energy, self esteem, and of course, grace and beauty. The grace by which we carry ourselves in life is a form of beauty in daily life, a necessary and deeply human opportunity we sometimes forget; and you may wish to measure your progress by things other than weight alone. (I find the topic of measuring grace to be very interesting, it's not so simple as getting on a scale). At the end of the day, you alone know how to assess your self esteem, energy, and grace; simpler measures of your waist and neck allow us to cheer you on all the more easily as you go forward after your surgery. Nothing like a shrinking reduced neck or thigh to cheer your spirits even if you are in a temporary weight stall. 

Oh and don't forget empathy. So many of us have suffered from a lack of empathy that we are acutely aware of it; and perhaps are injured by the prior lack; and of course we might be remiss if, after such wounds we acted the same way. After surgery you will be astonished by the rapidity of the changes, and later perhaps by how life can better be enjoyed; and it is incumbent upon us to think of others. Since you are at risk of immense joy in the near future, might as well think about how to share it. IMHO. 

So excited for you!! And love your attitude! I'm a newbie at this, and am already SO happy I did it! We'll be here waiting for you after surgery! :)