Dunndeal

4th Surgiversary

8/14 came and went like any other day. I totally forgot about my surgiversary!  I’m posting because I remember in the early days how scared I was of regain and how I relied on this forum for info and encouragement. 

Weight management and healthy food choices continue to be a daily focus for me. I stay right at 150. If the scales go above that by even an ounce, I lock down my diet until I get back to 145ish. I eat pretty much anything I want and can tolerate (tolerate being the key word- I still have a picky pouch) but in moderation.  I still drink a protein shake every day for breakfast. The most exciting part of the last year is that I started doing some basic daily exercises (sit ups, planks and squats) and as a result, for the first time in 18 years, at 46 years old, I wore a BIKINI this summer. It was modest - high waist bottoms and full coverage (read good support) top- but it was 2 pieces and my mid drift got tan!

Here’s a pic from today, the pic from Christmas 2013 that inspired me to have surgery and another pic from 2013. 

Good luck to all of you who are headed into, just getting started, or are well underway in this weight loss journey. 21240ECD-4346-49DB-B650-00854276249B.thumb.jpeg.488c3e9a9a5be9d85d056676f7b2c067.jpeg

AB867E94-7C6E-4653-B621-A8EEFD9571B7.jpeg

A565A7ED-3BFF-4EA9-9909-4CA910D962F7.jpeg

Congratulations on 4 years. You have done a wonderful job. Thank you for giving me inspiration for the future.

You are just beautiful!!! So glad to hear that you have stayed on track!!  Awesome about a two piece swimsuit too!:)

23 hours ago, Dunndeal said:

Weight management and healthy food choices continue to be a daily focus for me. I stay right at 150. If the scales go above that by even an ounce, I lock down my diet until I get back to 145ish. I eat pretty much anything I want and can tolerate (tolerate being the key word- I still have a picky pouch) but in moderation.  I still drink a protein shake every day for breakfast.  

I totally agree with this description of successful weight loss management years after surgery, except that for me it is 185 rather than 150.

Congratulations on staying at your goal weight after four years!  You are an inspiration to us all! :)

You have done an amazing job Dunndeal - I remember you posting that Christmas pre-op picture because I have one pretty similar.

23 hours ago, Dunndeal said:

8/14 came and went like any other day. I totally forgot about my surgiversary!  I’m posting because I remember in the early days how scared I was of regain and how I relied on this forum for info and encouragement. 

Weight management and healthy food choices continue to be a daily focus for me. I stay right at 150. If the scales go above that by even an ounce, I lock down my diet until I get back to 145ish. I eat pretty much anything I want and can tolerate (tolerate being the key word- I still have a picky pouch) but in moderation.  I still drink a protein shake every day for breakfast. The most exciting part of the last year is that I started doing some basic daily exercises (sit ups, planks and squats) and as a result, for the first time in 18 years, at 46 years old, I wore a BIKINI this summer. It was modest - high waist bottoms and full coverage (read good support) top- but it was 2 pieces and my mid drift got tan!

Wow! What a fantastic success story! Thanks so much for posting and adding pictures! You're gorgeous and look so happy and healthy! 

I love your paragraph about your weight management. That sounds honest and totally doable. I like hearing that I will need to stay focused on healthy food choices so I know my current daily commitment needs to stay for the long haul. I need to make this focus be a lifelong habit and not just a way to get to my new setpoint weight. 

I also appreciate hearing that you "remember in the early days how scared I was of regain and how I relied on this forum for info and encouragement. " I have yo-yoed so many times in my life, and I am extremely scared of regain.  At 80+ pounds down I'm STILL getting my smaller outfits from my own old boxes of clothes. It's great that I don't need to spend money, but on the other hand sad (and scary) that I've been here before and couldn't maintain it. The WLS for me was a drastic measure for a drastic situation, and has to be the ultimate solution! It's comforting to know that as long as you keep this new focus and new habits, and with the forum's support, this can work in the long haul. Every long term success story adds to a glimmer of hope. 

Thank you and congratulations. So many TTF angels are helping newbies like me and you are one of them! I'm so appreciative to all of you!