Sign in to follow this  
Boardwalk Realtor

HELP! Lost my insurance in feb can’t sign up Unable to get insurance until sign up in November policy will kick in in January

I’m in horrible pain, either my stomach is leaking or this is pancreatitis, I had pancreatitis once brought on by IV levaquin  I know the protocol nothing  by mouth  The last time it happened nothing by mouth for seven days.  IV fluids

Pancreatitis feels like you are pregnant with a 16 pound baby a giant head in the last stages of labor and now what?   Like gallstones times a million Praying for relief or death 

That time I have an awesome insurance plan   Today because of a screw up at my hisbands office in February I am uninsured for the first time in my whole life  

Not eligible for charity  reluctant to ever run up a non insurance negotiated ER fee. This is a state not a consumer protected commonwealth like Pennsylvania 

last time I was in an ER I had palpitations, was there for 16 hours, nothing except a wireless ekg and the bill was 26 thousand dollars negotiated down to something like 18 thousand and I had to pay 4 thousand because that was my deductabole   Get this : no cardiologist on staff, it was last week of aug and at the jersey shore that means all the Drs are on vacation. I was assigned to a cardiologist who shouldn’t be in the building for 3 more days, the palpatataions stopped and they said if I signed myself out of the hospital it was against medical necessity and my insurance wouldn’t pay. They were threatening to hold me there until the cardio came back fro Aruba.  I said ok then I’m being transferred to a hospital with a cardio on staff and I’m calling my insurance, I had discharge papers and a forced smile by the floor doctor in ten minutes. 

Agaimst medical advce   What bull  

Later found out 20 people were sick from a chinese take out that used excessive MSG   Where I had one egg roll 30 minutes before my heart was doing scary beats 

Anyone have any ideas.  

If indeed you have something as serious as a leak or pancreatitis you may have to seek ER care and worry about the cost later.  Your life is worth it. Please get help and keep us posted.