Sign in to follow this  
Rexcom

How soon back to work?

My workplace will not be told what surgery I'm having.  They will think it's a hernia or gallbladder.    I will have the surgery on a Tuesday...and then 6 days later...the following Monday I will work from home for a week.  So...physically returning back to the office 13 days post-op.  For those that are post-op.....how soon did you return back to work?  Any tips on how I can make my first week back in the office easier?    Thanks!             

I had the bypass and that’s about what I did, too. Went back part time a week later and full time two weeks later. It went well for me. I think there may be less incisional pain after bypass, though, so I hope some sleevers chime in. :) 

Welcome to Thinner Times Rexcom!

On 8/12/2018 at 1:20 AM, Rexcom said:

My workplace will not be told what surgery I'm having.  They will think it's a hernia or gallbladder.    I will have the surgery on a Tuesday...and then 6 days later...the following Monday I will work from home for a week.  So...physically returning back to the office 13 days post-op.  For those that are post-op.....how soon did you return back to work?  Any tips on how I can make my first week back in the office easier?    Thanks!             

@Rexcom How did things go? Did your work return go smoothly?