CheeringCJ

Having a hard time sleeping lately.....for the oddest reason

I have NEVER experienced this before, and I have noticed a difference lately but it keeps getting worse, and last night was pretty bad so i didn’t sleep well. Anyway,, have you ever dealt with this?  My legs have gotten so much smaller and i am a side sleeper and my knees are so bony now that the bones lay on top of each other when i am on my side and they are getting painful! I totally lost my padding!!! Now i will live with it but it just struck me weird.  Chalk that up with my list of things i had NO idea about before surgery!  Haha!  

Who knew that skinny people had it so hard?  I’ve never felt sorry for them before...lol!  I think i will try to sleep w/ a pillow in between my legs (to replicate the fat that used to keep my chubby knees apart!!!) 

Edited by CheeringCJ

Pillow between the legs works for me!  Good problem to have hehe <3

Yes, I experienced exactly that. I used a pillow between my knees for a few months and then I guess got used to it? It doesn’t seem to bother me much now, but was really uncomfortable for a while. Very strange. 

I still sleep with a pillow between my legs. Oh the joys of being skinnier!!!!

I still sleep with a body pillow that I had to buy early post-op.  I've tried not using it but like you Cheering, my knees are so boney which makes side sleeping impossible.

That is bizarre to me!  I couldn’t imagine in my wildest dreams i’d Ever say something on me was bony much less that my legs were too thin that they were painful to side sleep with!!!  This whole thing blows me away!  I’m loving it but it still is incomprehensible!!!

I’m going to Aldis today!  Look what is in today's ad!!! Granted i am not as thin as her (yet! Haha!) but i feel her pain!

1FD032AB-EDB3-437C-B0E8-AEFE05A1EAB5.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

One of the few times I'm happy to be a stomach sleeper! That's definitely a pro/con kind of NSV, way to go! :D 

22 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I’m going to Aldis today!  Look what is in today's ad!!! Granted i am not as thin as her (yet! Haha!) but i feel her pain!

Did it work for you Cheering - did you have a better night?

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

Did it work for you Cheering - did you have a better night?

MUCH better!!!  It worked like a charm!  Highly recommend it :)  Thanks for asking!  

$9 for a better night’s sleep, totally worth it!

30 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

MUCH better!!!  It worked like a charm!  Highly recommend it :)  Thanks for asking!  

$9 for a better night’s sleep, totally worth it!

That excellent news!

For the life of me, I don't know why things like that aren't mentioned during our pre-op meetings.  That and coccyx (tailbone) pain when sitting as we lose weight.  I found that excruciating.

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

For the life of me, I don't know why things like that aren't mentioned during our pre-op meetings.  That and coccyx (tailbone) pain when sitting as we lose weight.  I found that excruciating.

I suspect because these are just weightloss related rather than surgery related. My coccyx is still painful now and I'm laying on my back in bed....I side sleep to avoid this.

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

That excellent news!

It wouldn’t have made a difference, i would have gone ahead with it anyway :) 

5 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

It wouldn’t have made a difference, i would have gone ahead with it anyway :) 

You and me both.  There isn't one shred of me that regrets my WLS.  If I had to do it all again tomorrow, I'd be there in a shot.

16 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

I suspect because these are just weightloss related rather than surgery related. My coccyx is still painful now and I'm laying on my back in bed....I side sleep to avoid this.

I started a thread 10 years ago -  pretty close to my 1st anniversary:  Lost my bum and my coccyx hurts!

I can’t sleep with a pillow between my legs.  I sleep on my side but slightly offset my legs so they aren’t right on top of each other.  

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

You and me both.  There isn't one shred of me that regrets my WLS.  If I had to do it all again tomorrow, I'd be there in a shot.

I started a thread 10 years ago -  pretty close to my 1st anniversary:  Lost my bum and my coccyx hurts!

Interesting. I read through them and i can relate.  Not the coccyx yet but the butt bones (pelvic floor bones).  And having to get up and walk around bc my bones and joints were sore.  Still wouldn’t change it, will gladly put up w/ it rather than put the padding back on!

1 hour ago, Cheesehead said:

I can’t sleep with a pillow between my legs.  I sleep on my side but slightly offset my legs so they aren’t right on top of each other.  

I tried that but it twisted my lower body too much and i’d wake up with a sore back. The leg cushion was fine last night. I roll from side to side often and just “took” it w/ me.

I don't sleep with my body pillow between my legs.  I'm a side sleeper and snuggle against the body pillow with a leg resting on it.

Even when fat I slept with a pillow between my knees because it just kept my spine in better alignment and led to less back pain.  So, I guess I never had the opportunity to experience a change post-op. 

When I had my lower body lift, they also did a fat transfer and injected some of my own fat cells into my butt to plump it up a bit; that seems to have helped the coccyx issue, which is nice. I wouldn't have even known to ask about that but since they offered and it wasn't much extra as they were "in the neighborhood" and I was already under :)

Sometimes i sleep on my side with one knee nestled below the other, more comfortable for me than a pillow.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I have NEVER experienced this before, and I have noticed a difference lately but it keeps getting worse, and last night was pretty bad so i didn’t sleep well. Anyway,, have you ever dealt with this?  My legs have gotten so much smaller and i am a side sleeper and my knees are so bony now that the bones lay on top of each other when i am on my side and they are getting painful! I totally lost my padding!!! Now i will live with it but it just struck me weird.  Chalk that up with my list of things i had NO idea about before surgery!  Haha!  

Who knew that skinny people had it so hard?  I’ve never felt sorry for them before...lol!  I think i will try to sleep w/ a pillow in between my legs (to replicate the fat that used to keep my chubby knees apart!!!) 

I have also had a difficult time sleeping. I realize that I’ve held on to sleeping habits that I used to cope with my obesity. I need to have something under my chin, a pillow between my legs (my thighs can absolutely not touch and a freezing cold room. I’ve realized that these are left over habits that I used as a crutch to help get comfortable. If I don’t have these mechanisms, I don’t sleep. These are mymental hangups but perhaps you can relate?