tracyringo

What a difference a year makes !!!

Tomorrow is my year surgiversary !!  Can hardly believe a year has gone by.

Me the morning of surgery. I looked like hell but I was pretty excited, it was about 4 AM and I was headed out the door.

The year later pick was this morning.

IMG_20170809_045358.jpg

IMG_20180807_234158.jpg

Great job. Keep up the good work.

Wow! You look fantastic! Congratulations!!❤️

2 minutes ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

Wow! You look fantastic! Congratulations!!❤️

Thank you !

That is a stunning transformation Tracy.  Happy 1st Surgiversary to you tomorrow!  t2019.gif

Wow.  Great job.  I know that your journey has been a bit bumpy, but your success is truly amazing.

Although you would look even better in a New England Patriots t shirt.....:D

Amazing tracy...so pretty ,well dpne

Tracy, you look wonderful!!  So have you been to River Falls?  That’s my town!!

You’re truly a new woman!   Happy surgiversary!  (Wouldn’t it be great if you woke up tomorrow and that one darned pound was gone so you could be at your goal weight?).   What are your thoughts on this past year?  (I doubt anyone can fathom the incredible journey except for the friends on it)

Happy surgiversary! What a transformation! Great t-shirt by-the-way!

@cinwa @Res Ipsa @Lankyliz @Chefman77 Thank you for all your comments and support this past year ! @Cheesehead thank you and I have never been there. Which part of the state is it in?    

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

You’re truly a new woman!   Happy surgiversary!  (Wouldn’t it be great if you woke up tomorrow and that one darned pound was gone so you could be at your goal weight?).   What are your thoughts on this past year?  (I doubt anyone can fathom the incredible journey except for the friends on it)

Thank you ! I feel like a new me again !!  I actually am 180.8 this morning. I just haven't changed it since tomorrow is my year.

The past year has gone by incredibly fast !!  I wasn't expecting to hit my goal yet either.

I posted my before and after on FB and it blew up my page, lol !!

Wow, Tracy!! Amazing changes! :D You look great. Just look at how your posture and how you hold yourself is different - your body is really working differently now :) 

Congrats on an amazingly successful year, with more to come. You’ve had your doubts and fears and some health issues, but all in all, you’ve just made some incredible changes in your life!

Happy one year! You’ve come so far! Congrats!

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Wow, Tracy!! Amazing changes! :D You look great. Just look at how your posture and how you hold yourself is different - your body is really working differently now :) 

Congrats on an amazingly successful year, with more to come. You’ve had your doubts and fears and some health issues, but all in all, you’ve just made some incredible changes in your life!

Thank you Jen.  Crazy how it all came together.

wow—right about goal on the dot on the year mark! Super impressive. The first year goes so fast!

Well done Tracy. We all know it hadn't been easy, despite what some might say about those of us that take the WLS route. It's hard work and you've clearly put the effort into your wonderful transformation. While things can seem slow while we drop weight, looking back, boy that first year goes fast!

6 hours ago, nimiety said:

wow—right about goal on the dot on the year mark! Super impressive. The first year goes so fast!

Thank you, I really didn't expect to make it when I was in  month 10, but I did !!

4 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Well done Tracy. We all know it hadn't been easy, despite what some might say about those of us that take the WLS route. It's hard work and you've clearly put the effort into your wonderful transformation. While things can seem slow while we drop weight, looking back, boy that first year goes fast!

Funny you say that. Someone had asked me what I did and when I told them the response kinda agitated me. People not going through this process don't get that people having these kind of surgeries still have to follow a diet to lose the weight.

23 hours ago, tracyringo said:

@cinwa @Res Ipsa @Lankyliz @Chefman77 Thank you for all your comments and support this past year ! @Cheesehead thank you and I have never been there. Which part of the state is it in?    

It’s up by ST. Paul, mn.  The guys coming here were awesome.  I just saw your T-shirt..

Edited by Cheesehead

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Funny you say that. Someone had asked me what I did and when I told them the response kinda agitated me. People not going through this process don't get that people having these kind of surgeries still have to follow a diet to lose the weight.

I was very pleasantly surprised on Monday when I consulted an endocrinologist.  Not only was he very positive regarding WLS.....I guess endocrinologists are probably the only ones to recommend it other than bariatric surgeons themselves.....but he was really complementary regarding my losses, and actually said I must have worked really hard to achieve the results I had. Could have literally knocked me over with a feather. I'm much more accustomed to hearing how I took the easy option from others. My local doctors have actually told me they don't approve of WLS and won't do referrals to bariatric surgeons.

Wowzers, Tracy!!! You truly do look great! Your surgiversary was on my sons birthday :D

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Readytobeme

Good job. Keep up the loss.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, tracyringo said:

Tomorrow is my year surgiversary !!  Can hardly believe a year has gone by.

Me the morning of surgery. I looked like hell but I was pretty excited, it was about 4 AM and I was headed out the door.

The year later pick was this morning.

IMG_20170809_045358.jpg

IMG_20180807_234158.jpg

@tracyringo What a transformation! Even the way you stand is different. I’m happy for you and wish you a long and healthy life. 

You have such a baby face. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!

Edited by NerdyToothpick

On 8/10/2018 at 12:26 AM, Aussie Bear said:

I was very pleasantly surprised on Monday when I consulted an endocrinologist.  Not only was he very positive regarding WLS.....I guess endocrinologists are probably the only ones to recommend it other than bariatric surgeons themselves.....but he was really complementary regarding my losses, and actually said I must have worked really hard to achieve the results I had. Could have literally knocked me over with a feather. I'm much more accustomed to hearing how I took the easy option from others. My local doctors have actually told me they don't approve of WLS and won't do referrals to bariatric surgeons.

@Aussie Bear Now that you mention it, my endocrinologist was my other WLS champion. She was very supportive despite my lower BMI. My doctor saw how diabetes had wrecked my life and was 101% supportive of my decision to have the surgery abroad.

My biggest surprise was the reaction from my ophthalmologist. If that man could have done a cartwheel, he would have. He was over the moon when I told him about my surgery. I’ll take whatever support I can get!