CheeringCJ

Hair question

For those of you who lost hair.....mine is growing back and I have tons of little "baby hairs" that are wiry, crazy, sticking up and out 2" hairs around my temples and forehead....I can't control them for anything and I have one bad hair day after another.  It is humid which doesn't help.  I leave my house looking ok but standing on the train platform I literally can feel them curling up and out and by the time I get to work I am a mess for the entire day.  

Is this unique to me bc I am so, well, ummmm, "unique" shall we say?  or has anyone else dealt with this?  My hair wasn't as crazy before and I don't know if it is just bc it is regrowth and so much of it bc I lost so much of it or is this my new normal (gulp!)

Any ideas?

I don't know how much help my response will be, because you know I shaved my head last September. But my hair (which used to be thick and curly, pre thyroid EVERYTHING) is growing in a lot thicker and curlier than it has been in years! I think I notice it less because I did shave it. I don't have the little baby hairs shooting out in between longer hair. That's because it's all short, lol. I think what you're going through is probably pretty normal. I bet the new, healthier hairs are a bit different in consistency than your existing hair. Maybe try a short sassy cut?

46 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I don't know how much help my response will be, because you know I shaved my head last September. But my hair (which used to be thick and curly, pre thyroid EVERYTHING) is growing in a lot thicker and curlier than it has been in years! I think I notice it less because I did shave it. I don't have the little baby hairs shooting out in between longer hair. That's because it's all short, lol. I think what you're going through is probably pretty normal. I bet the new, healthier hairs are a bit different in consistency than your existing hair. Maybe try a short sassy cut?

I actually can't stand it right now....all I want to do it grow it long enough to pull it back and out of my face!  But I just might wake up one day and shave it off! ha!  Part of it is that it is grey (which makes is wiry) but it was grey before and it has changed.  Not sure if it was from the surgery (I think it was @cinwa, that said hers got grey instead of falling out) or just that I am old, but it is extra crazy!  I hate it every day.

I still have a little halo of baby hairs. They stick up and look a bit funny, but I’m happy to see them because that means it’s growing again!

Edited by Jen581791

I already have very thin, fine hair so I am concerned about when it starts to come out:o

16 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

For those of you who lost hair.....mine is growing back and I have tons of little "baby hairs" that are wiry, crazy, sticking up and out 2" hairs around my temples and forehead....I can't control them for anything and I have one bad hair day after another.  It is humid which doesn't help.  I leave my house looking ok but standing on the train platform I literally can feel them curling up and out and by the time I get to work I am a mess for the entire day.  

Is this unique to me bc I am so, well, ummmm, "unique" shall we say?  or has anyone else dealt with this?  My hair wasn't as crazy before and I don't know if it is just bc it is regrowth and so much of it bc I lost so much of it or is this my new normal (gulp!)

Any ideas?

I’m in the same boat. I constantly look disheveled due to my baby hairs poking to and fro. One of my baby hairs is white and it stands straight up like a peacock looking for a mate. If I need to look nice, I’ll wear a headband to tame the flyaways. 

I’ve always had thick wavy hair.  Now it’s thick but fizz city!!  I just pull it back and let it go..  

My remedy today helped, i took a flat iron to work and once the humidity got me on the train platform, i got to work and ironed those crazy stick ups down!  It worked enough. And truth be told, as much as i hate my hair, I would rather have sticking up baby hairs then lovely hair and an unhealthy big body!

Edited by CheeringCJ

Apparently I lost hair in sessions. It thinned quite a bit and I've trimmed about 6" off my braid but at 2yr 7mo there's a noticeable difference about half way down my braid, it's thicker just below where I start the braid and finally there's about 4" of the last growth that (hopefully soon) will be part of the braid. I didn't have thick hair to start with but thin hair, thin body is fine by me.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:10 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m in the same boat. I constantly look disheveled due to my baby hairs poking to and fro. One of my baby hairs is white and it stands straight up like a peacock looking for a mate. If I need to look nice, I’ll wear a headband to tame the flyaways. 

@NerdyToothpick, if your hair wants to mate...LET IT!!!  Then you'll double your hair volume!! LOL!