Lankyliz

Missing you guys

Sorry peeps it's been a month since I was here

The drought has meant we have had no grass for our animals or water we are spring water reliant so we have been up to are eyes in it .

I am low because my husband's mood and constant financial pressure has led to comfort eating and ice cream binges which I need to get my head round with your help ....I only lost five pounds in July ....on a positive note i am 20 lbs from my doctors goal and have lost 134 pounds so when I look at it that way it's better but I need to believe I've got this to maintain 2,5,10,20 years ahead i am over the yoyo life .but at present feel I'm walking up hill on black ice !!!!.....HELP xxx

What an amazing journey of yours so far!  20lbs from your doctor's goal and it's only been 5 mos? You know you can do it.  I'm sure it's a constant struggle for everyone - and you know you have the tools to make yourself successful.  Asking for help from this group or reaching out to your nurse or dietitian or someone may help too.  "only" 5 lbs lost in July - that's still a loss!  Stay positive (even when it's difficult) and give yourself the trust you deserve to continue. Comfort eating and ice cream binges are in the past.  Look to the future...it's soo soo bright for you.

@Lankyliz  Liz you have done SO WELL!  We all have our bad days.  You know how to do this!  Prayers and hugs for you and the hubby during the added stress with the drought.  We are here for you <3

Hi Liz, you’re so far along towards your goal now! Good for you!!! 

Sorry you’ve had some tough times with your animals :( I hope things calm down for you soon.

One thing that helps me when I’m feeling low is remembering that I’ll feel better if I take control of my eating and worse if it takes control of me - if I can hang on for a couple of days and not eat junk, I’ll really feel positive about myself, which might actually make my troubles seem more manageable. Just one or two days of success can make me feel better.

Don’t hesitate to come here for support. Just checking in and getting some feedback can help get your head back in the game :wub:

This is one of the most difficult things that those of us who have used food for comfort deal with post op.  Because life comes with bad stuff and always will.  We have to figure out ways other than food to cope with those sucky things.  Here are some things that some people find helpful:

Exercise (has to be something you like), spending time with people or activities or things that bring us joy, staying busy (a big one for me!), journaling, therapy, gardening, painting, etc.  Very individual of course, but you get the idea.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this and hope that you find your way through.  Keep focusing on what a great job you have done, and how amazing you feel.  You can do this!

Can you keep ice cream out of the house? A loss is still a loss..

Liz, You should be beyond pleased with yourself. Your losses are incredible and a five pound loss is still a loss. What a win for you. 

I can sympathize with you about food anxiety. I am going through a stressful period in my life and I want to binge eat badly  I’m not even hungry but I want that hug that only food gives your brain. I have to be honest and say that this week I’ve indulged a bit more than usual. 

The problem we addicts have is that we convince ourselves that a bite won’t hurt. In my case and I suspect for many others, a bite leads to another bite and before you know it, you’ve had a whole birthday cake. My only advice is to keep busy. You must tell yourself that as much as you want that ice cream, the sad reality is that you will hate yourself afterwards. All of my best to you. I’m rooting for you. 

I am sorry to hear of your water woes. Best of luck there with the animals. 

On 8/7/2018 at 5:41 PM, Brattykid said:

What an amazing journey of yours so far!  20lbs from your doctor's goal and it's only been 5 mos? You know you can do it.  I'm sure it's a constant struggle for everyone - and you know you have the tools to make yourself successful.  Asking for help from this group or reaching out to your nurse or dietitian or someone may help too.  "only" 5 lbs lost in July - that's still a loss!  Stay positive (even when it's difficult) and give yourself the trust you deserve to continue. Comfort eating and ice cream binges are in the past.  Look to the future...it's soo soo bright for you.

Thankfulness as such  kind words 

On 8/7/2018 at 5:54 PM, TammyP said:

@Lankyliz  Liz you have done SO WELL!  We all have our bad days.  You know how to do this!  Prayers and hugs for you and the hubby during the added stress with the drought.  We are here for you <3

Bless you 

On 8/7/2018 at 7:53 PM, Jen581791 said:

Hi Liz, you’re so far along towards your goal now! Good for you!!! 

Sorry you’ve had some tough times with your animals :( I hope things calm down for you soon.

One thing that helps me when I’m feeling low is remembering that I’ll feel better if I take control of my eating and worse if it takes control of me - if I can hang on for a couple of days and not eat junk, I’ll really feel positive about myself, which might actually make my troubles seem more manageable. Just one or two days of success can make me feel better.

Don’t hesitate to come here for support. Just checking in and getting some feedback can help get your head back in the game :wub:

I'm on it ....

On 8/7/2018 at 9:28 PM, msmarymac said:

This is one of the most difficult things that those of us who have used food for comfort deal with post op.  Because life comes with bad stuff and always will.  We have to figure out ways other than food to cope with those sucky things.  Here are some things that some people find helpful:

Exercise (has to be something you like), spending time with people or activities or things that bring us joy, staying busy (a big one for me!), journaling, therapy, gardening, painting, etc.  Very individual of course, but you get the idea.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this and hope that you find your way through.  Keep focusing on what a great job you have done, and how amazing you feel.  You can do this!

Thankyou you are all so kind and wise

On 8/7/2018 at 10:40 PM, Cheesehead said:

Can you keep ice cream out of the house? A loss is still a loss..

Difficult with the weather as we provide people for the workers i need to be focussed am trying xx

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Liz, You should be beyond pleased with yourself. Your losses are incredible and a five pound loss is still a loss. What a win for you. 

I can sympathize with you about food anxiety. I am going through a stressful period in my life and I want to binge eat badly  I’m not even hungry but I want that hug that only food gives your brain. I have to be honest and say that this week I’ve indulged a bit more than usual. 

The problem we addicts have is that we convince ourselves that a bite won’t hurt. In my case and I suspect for many others, a bite leads to another bite and before you know it, you’ve had a whole birthday cake. My only advice is to keep busy. You must tell yourself that as much as you want that ice cream, the sad reality is that you will hate yourself afterwards. All of my best to you. I’m rooting for you. 

I am sorry to hear of your water woes. Best of luck there with the animals. 

Thank you so much ...a life time of comfort eating doesn't hide in six months i need to work on my headspace x

You have lost an incredible amount of weight! So congrats on that! As for the food stuff, it is hard for me even still if things are around, so i try to not have them around or if they are, have them far away, like mini pretzels were here last week (leftovers from a party) and i kept taking 3 or 4 or 5,,,,so then i just put them in the pantry in the garage where they are out of sight, out of mind.  As for ice cream.  Try to make a substitute....use an ice cream maker and put protein shake in it and make ice cream so it is similar and you don’t feel like you’re missing out.  I love ice-protein!  

Hope your stress fades but keep focused even if it doesn’t yet....best of all, come HERE when you’re struggling.  You never have to struggle alone.  There is always a friend here for you who can relate

I can not even imagine the stress you would be in @Lankyliz. Much of eastern Australia has been in drought for six years now. The images and stories coming out are just horrific. Despite what you are going through you have still managed to continue losing, so clearly you are doing most things right. Change what you feel able to change and don't let useless guilt make your understandable stress even worse. Best wishes to you Nd I sincerely hope that things improve for you quickly.

19 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

You have lost an incredible amount of weight! So congrats on that! As for the food stuff, it is hard for me even still if things are around, so i try to not have them around or if they are, have them far away, like mini pretzels were here last week (leftovers from a party) and i kept taking 3 or 4 or 5,,,,so then i just put them in the pantry in the garage where they are out of sight, out of mind.  As for ice cream.  Try to make a substitute....use an ice cream maker and put protein shake in it and make ice cream so it is similar and you don’t feel like you’re missing out.  I love ice-protein!  

Hope your stress fades but keep focused even if it doesn’t yet....best of all, come HERE when you’re struggling.  You never have to struggle alone.  There is always a friend here for you who can relate

Such kind words

17 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

I can not even imagine the stress you would be in @Lankyliz. Much of eastern Australia has been in drought for six years now. The images and stories coming out are just horrific. Despite what you are going through you have still managed to continue losing, so clearly you are doing most things right. Change what you feel able to change and don't let useless guilt make your understandable stress even worse. Best wishes to you Nd I sincerely hope that things improve for you quickly.

Thank you so much

So many people have responded and I agree with them all. I don't have any wise words to add, but I want you to know that I care about you and hope your days will get easier. 

I just noticed that you and I both had sleeves in February 2018! I need a Fabulous February pal! Will you be one? You are doing so great, you are an inspiration to me! Say, my hair is falling out in brush loads. Is yours? I know it will grow back so I'm not worried, but it's not the BEST consequence of WLS! Haha! :)

Hang in there, Sweetie, you are not alone! We are all here with you. We can do this. Please take 30 seconds at the end of the day to say some positive things to yourself. Give yourself a hug and a smile each day. You so deserve it. The road may be bumpy, but you are trucking along brilliantly!