Sign in to follow this  
never2late

Hair Loss

20 days till my surgery!!! whoo hoo. the days can't get here fast enough. very excited. ready to start this journey. only set back in my mind.... hair loss. I already have thin and fragile hair. 

so give it to me straight! What has been your experience???

I was more afraid of the hair loss than the loose skin!  I have fragile, thin hair also and I go through cycles (presurge) of thin breakfast by nails and hair loss followed by normal hair and nails and back. My experience was at the end of month two I started losing hair and felt panic. By month three it  was in full swing and I was so careful with it (wouldn’t rub it with a towel or wrap it up, combed thru it in the shower with a wide tooth comb with conditioner on so there were no tangles to comb thru afterwards etc) plus from day one I took my vitamins, biotin, iron and got over 80 grams of protein in to avoid hair loss as much as possible. 

Then I read here where someone and their mom used Collagen powder mixed in with their drinks and I started using it. Plus I got my hair cut short. Plus I was coming out of the worst of the hair loss phase and my hair is fine (was by month six). 

So you may not have as much problems as you think. Of course everyone is different but I do suggest you take the nutrition part into consideration and then roll with it. Most likely you will lose hair but most likely you won’t be bald! ;)

besides it is just a little annoyance compare to the awesome weight loss you will experience! 

I was like you, super excited about my surgery coming up, and I haven’t regretted it for a single second!!!

This is what I use still. I have it twice a day, a rounded tablespoon in my hot tea. It took a little to get used to bc it changes the taste a bit but I barely notice it now. You can put it in a protein shake and probably hide it easier but my protein powder has 30 gym of protein in it and I don’t want to tax my kidneys or something by adding more to it. But I’m a believer in this stuff!!!  

294583B3-D84B-4221-A5F4-759B499AE46A.png

Edited by CheeringCJ

I didn't lose much in the way of hair that I noticed although I pretty much went grey overnight and my hair went from thick and strong to fine and curly.  But I was in my 50's so it came as no surprise.

thanks for sharing ladies.. :P