Kio

3 milestones today!

1) Today I am under 180 - which is TWO goals actually.  It's the lowest weight I ever remember even CLAIMING to be - which was back in college, around 1996.  And it's the weight I wanted to be under before I leave on my road trip on August 8!  At the end of the trip is a gathering of friends who haven't laid eyes on me in years.  Last time they saw me I was around 355 and perfectly miserable.  This will be FUN! :P

2) Today I have lost 177.5 lbs, which is an odd number to celebrate, but:

3) Today I weigh 177.5 lbs!

So yeah - today I am exactly half the woman I was last April!!!  Which is kind of awesome, because thanks to my surgery and the support of you amazing people:wub:, I have triple the health and endurance and strength and confidence of that woman. 

I'm feeling pretty good right now.  :D

32 minutes ago, Kio said:

And you have every right to feel good Kio  you have done an amazing job dropping that 177.5 lbs and you're just 30 lb away from your goal!

That is absolutely outstanding and I'm really happy for you.

5 minutes ago, cinwa said:

And you have every right to feel good Kio  you have done an amazing job dropping that 177.5 lbs and you're just 30 lb away from your goal!

That is absolutely outstanding and I'm really happy for you.

Thank you, @cinwa!  Hard to believe so much has changed since I started down this path.  I keep thinking, "This is going to turn out to be one of those dreams" - the kind I used to have where I was thinner and lighter and could move so much more easily, and felt great... and then I woke up, and was in the same old sick, heavy body that didn't work.  But I'm feeling pretty awake right now!  =D

@Kio...everything about your post makes me smile soooooo big!!! You are such a strong woman, and of course a WLS champion!!! I'm so blessed to have met you and spent time with you ❤️ I hope you thoroughly enjoy your vacation as half the woman you used to be!!!

And you ARE awake right now, this isn't a dream!! All of your amazing work has paid off!!

1 hour ago, Kio said:

1) Today I am under 180 - which is TWO goals actually.  It's the lowest weight I ever remember even CLAIMING to be - which was back in college, around 1996.  And it's the weight I wanted to be under before I leave on my road trip on August 8!  At the end of the trip is a gathering of friends who haven't laid eyes on me in years.  Last time they saw me I was around 355 and perfectly miserable.  This will be FUN! :P

So yeah - today I am exactly half the woman I was last April!!!  Which is kind of awesome, because thanks to my surgery and the support of you amazing people:wub:, I have triple the health and endurance and strength and confidence of that woman. 

Oh,, that is just marvelous!!!  How cool is that?  I would celebrate the same thing, i love numbers and dates so i am super excited for you! What an awesome accomplishment.  Will you tell the ppl you had WLS or just let them be curious?  You should be proud,...and Leah should be getting nervous, you’re closing in on her! (How fun! You can share clothes now, right?)

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

Oh,, that is just marvelous!!!  How cool is that?  I would celebrate the same thing, i love numbers and dates so i am super excited for you! What an awesome accomplishment.  Will you tell the ppl you had WLS or just let them be curious?  You should be proud,...and Leah should be getting nervous, you’re closing in on her! (How fun! You can share clothes now, right?)

Honestly when someone expresses surprise or happiness for me, after not seeing me for a while... I always MEAN to evade the subject, but somehow every time I end up just blurting out the truth!  :D  I am just not a skilled evader, I guess.  So I will probably just tell them!  I'm really looking forward to seeing them try to figure out who that chick with the FACE is... <3 <3 <3

And I'm glad, actually, because one guy at work who I just blurted it out to is now planning to have surgery himself.  He's probably around 350 himself, and diabetic, and will GREATLY benefit from it.  Plus since we work together, I was able to tell him for sure that his insurance will cover it!  I was also able to tell him what the surgery and recovery were really like, and to talk up my program, which he has access to.  I really hope he goes through with it - and if he does, I may invite him over here to explore. 

Leah is TOTALLY nervous because she got on the scale today for the first time in months, and she's 175 right now.  I'm TWO POUNDS AWAY!  :D  And I absolutely share many of her clothes now, but some of them still don't work because we carry our weight a bit differently.  In that mine is basically all in my belly, and hers is all in her bust.  I'm in 14's now for pants - I JUST started being able to wear them - and already, they're sliding down my non-existent butt and yet tight around my tummy.  Yet my chest is flat as a pancake without, uh, significant structural foundation being applied...

And you - you beat the Leah goal LONG ago!  Congratulations!  :D

29 minutes ago, Kio said:

And you - you beat the Leah goal LONG ago!  Congratulations!  :D

I beat MYSELF and what I thought was even possible!!  I was super excited and content when my dr said I’d be 170 by 12-18 month out! I nearly threw my arms around him and hugged him over the prospect of that!!!  In fact that weight had evaded me so long, my PCP even wrote 175 as my goal for WW so I didn’t give up (or go broke) and his thinking was I was 148 in high school so for WW to expect me to go to 144 30 yrs and 5 kids later was ridiculous so it would just be too discouraging. BUT I never made it even near that weight in all my years on weight watchers so when my dr “promised” me 170 I was over the moon. 

When i got on here and read the superstar stories I was amazed. I didn’t allow myself to think I could get less than 170 but when I did in 7 months, I wanted more!  I reset it in my  goal in my mind to 160, and today...went through that one!  I’m still in shock!  And I don’t feel like I’m done!  I know I can get to 150, and I might just feel comfy there and that seems doable and realistic (though I was 148 when my husband met me over 35 yrs ago, so if I got to 147, I’d be tickled pink and feel so accomplished!)

Edited by CheeringCJ

@Kio AMAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAZING! 

You’ve lost what you weigh now - there’s a certain poetry about being at that spot. Savor the moment. Do a vigorous happy dance. What an achievement :D 

Keep on keeping on. You’re doing great! 

11 hours ago, Kio said:

And I'm glad, actually, because one guy at work who I just blurted it out to is now planning to have surgery himself.  He's probably around 350 himself, and diabetic, and will GREATLY benefit from it.  Plus since we work together, I was able to tell him for sure that his insurance will cover it!  I was also able to tell him what the surgery and recovery were really like, and to talk up my program, which he has access to.  I really hope he goes through with it - and if he does, I may invite him over here to explore. 

Invite him to to Thinner Times now Kio. 

I joined this forum the day I saw a surgeon about my umbilical hernia and he suggested bariatric surgery because unless I lost weight and kept it off, the hernia repair wasn't likely to be successful long-term.  I knew next to nothing about bariatrics but agreed to go on the course  pre-operative, post-operative, or still deciding which weight loss surgery is right for you.

I learnt more here in the 3 or so months prior my RNY than at any of the sessions/classes.

7 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I learnt more here in the 3 or so months prior my RNY than at any of the sessions/classes.

So did I, you're right!  I'm going to do it.  :) 

12 minutes ago, Kio said:

So did I, you're right!  I'm going to do it.  :) 

He doesn't even have to join initially - anyone can browse the forum - they just can't post as a visitor.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, Kio said:

giphy.gif@Kio What a fantastic moment for you. I cannot believe you have lost half a person. Hooray for WLS! Hooray for courage! Hooray for strength! Hooray for determination!

Im thrilled for you. 

8 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

giphy.gif@Kio What a fantastic moment for you. I cannot believe you have lost half a person. Hooray for WLS! Hooray for courage! Hooray for strength! Hooray for determination!

Im thrilled for you. 

<3 <3 <3 Thanks, @NerdyToothpick!  I feel like I lost that person's sadness and sickness, too, so it's even better than I could have imagined.  Life isn't perfect - it's never going to be - but the (pardon the pun) sheer weight of all the self-condemnation I endured every day is gone, and that makes everything worlds easier.

Congratulations! I feel like everyone has said so many of the things I’m thinking, so if I repeat anything, please forgive me. The “half weight” milestone (I literally just made that up, but I’m going with it) is such a big one in my mind. You literally lost the equivalent of you. That’s mind boggling and incredible. You have come so incredibly far and I’m thrilled that you reached that goal within the timeframe you hoped. I’m so incredibly proud of you. Being a part of this forum is such a blessing to me because of you and the others on here. I am continually inspired and awed by the dedication, hard work and commitment to change that people on here have. Thank you for letting us be a part of your story and share in your victories and milestones. 

On 8/5/2018 at 9:29 AM, Kio said:

I feel like I lost that person's sadness and sickness, too, so it's even better than I could have imagined.  Life isn't perfect - it's never going to be - but the (pardon the pun) sheer weight of all the self-condemnation I endured every day is gone, and that makes everything worlds easier.

Well said, @Kio. It's SO incredible that you have your "half weight milestone"! (I like Rachael's term). SO incredible. And I'm so glad that you get to share it right away with girlfriends. I wish I could see the shocked look on their faces!

And, and, and, you have lost so much more than weight! I love what you said about losing the sadness, sickness, and self-condemnation. SO inspiring. This weight loss journey will not solve all our problems, but I like to think that life's problems with be easier when we are healthier and happier. I know you are right! 

Thanks so much for sharing your victory here. It means so much when people open up and give of themselves. Thank you! 

And WAY TO GO!!!! 

On 8/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Kio said:

<3 <3 <3 Thanks, @NerdyToothpick!  I feel like I lost that person's sadness and sickness, too, so it's even better than I could have imagined.  Life isn't perfect - it's never going to be - but the (pardon the pun) sheer weight of all the self-condemnation I endured every day is gone, and that makes everything worlds easier.

You are such a delightful person. It is hard to believe that you would be anything less than cheerful and positive. xo

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful news! You should be so proud of yourself!:D