CheeringCJ

Well, hello, long lost friend, I haven’t seen you since 1984!!!

15 minutes ago, delilas said:
16 minutes ago, delilas said:

Yay! Congratulations, @CheeringCJ!

Thanks, Delila! We’re doing this!  How amazing is that?!?!?  

@CheeringCJ, I get to say hello to the 150's too!! I only weigh in once a week at Weight Watchers and missed a few while traveling. But today I am at 158.4! Yay! A few years ago I starved myself and ran a ton, up to a half marathon, to lose weight. I got down to 162 where I stayed for 5 minutes until I broke my foot and had to quit running. Can't remember the last time I saw a 15_ on the scale! 

Thanks for the encouragement. After reading your post I have been tracking again, and getting back to my normal food choices. And back to listening when I'm full. So now I feel back on track. Thanks for saying that I wasn't really unraveled. That helped so much! 

So I guess it's "onward and downward" for us! :)

Edited by Cindy Lou Who

5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

@CheeringCJ, I get to say hello to the 150's too!! I only weigh in once a week at Weight Watchers and missed a few while traveling. But today I am at 158.4! Yay! A few years ago I starved myself and ran a ton, up to a half marathon, to lose weight. I got down to 162 where I stayed for 5 minutes until I broke my foot and had to quit running. Can't remember the last time I saw a 15_ on the scale! 

Thanks for the encouragement. After reading your post I have been tracking again, and getting back to my normal food choices. And back to listening when I'm full. So now I feel back on track. Thanks for saying that I wasn't really unraveled. That helped so much! 

So I guess it's "onward and downward" for us! :)

See, I knew you'd pass me!  I'd better get my butt in gear!!!  I'm just kidding. It's such an interesting feeling that I'm not feeling the least bit competitive...I guess a while ago I realized how everyone here is an individual and there's no one size fits all surgery, eating plan, or weight loss schedule. So instead of being jealous I am soooo thrilled for you!!!!  You are so incredible!  You inspire me to keep pushing. We so have this, you and I and our TT friends!!!!  

Way to go Cindy Lou!!!!  

On 8/6/2018 at 7:59 PM, CheeringCJ said:

See, I knew you'd pass me!  I'd better get my butt in gear!!!  I'm just kidding. It's such an interesting feeling that I'm not feeling the least bit competitive...I guess a while ago I realized how everyone here is an individual and there's no one size fits all surgery, eating plan, or weight loss schedule. So instead of being jealous I am soooo thrilled for you!!!!  You are so incredible!  You inspire me to keep pushing. We so have this, you and I and our TT friends!!!!  

Oh dear, I certainly didn't mean to imply that I was being competitive! I'm so sorry if I mis-communicated. We are all in this together! I find it interesting that you and I are so close in stats, but it's certainly not a race. I think of it more like a relay where the whole TTF team is running a mud run or a obstacle course together and cheering each other on! Each topic we discuss is another obstacle on the course that we are all climbing over and helping those in need to get over. 

I'm like you, I'm using the comparisons as inspiration to keep pushing. That's exactly how I feel too. Inspiration yes, competition no! :)

I also have a theory that we each have a new weight setpoint and pace at losing weight to get there that we cannot control. We have a new setpoint based on our surgery, our genetics, our age, our activity level. I have no idea where mine will be. And I also think we each have a pace at losing the weight. As long as I eat my protein, eat other healthy food and vitamins, drink my water, keep my calories around 800-900, exercise a little then that's all I can do. Whether I lose 1/2 pound per week or 2 pounds per week is not in my control. My body will just do what it's going to do. For awhile I had monthly weight loss goals, but they made me crazy.

Anyway, that's my theory and it makes me relax and enjoy the ride! :) 

5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Oh dear, I certainly didn't mean to imply that I was being competitive! I'm so sorry if I mis-communicated. We are all in this together! I find it interesting that you and I are so close in stats, but it's certainly not a race. I think of it more like a relay where the whole TTF team is running a mud run or a obstacle course together and cheering each other on! Each topic we discuss is another obstacle on the course that we are all climbing over and helping those in need to get over. 

I'm like you, I'm using the comparisons as inspiration to keep pushing. That's exactly how I feel too. Inspiration yes, competition no! :)

I also have a theory that we each have a new weight setpoint and pace at losing weight to get there that we cannot control. We have a new setpoint based on our surgery, our genetics, our age, our activity level. I have no idea where mine will be. And I also think we each have a pace at losing the weight. As long as I eat my protein, eat other healthy food and vitamins, drink my water, keep my calories around 800-900, exercise a little then that's all I can do. Whether I lose 1/2 pound per week or 2 pounds per week is not in my control. My body will just do what it's going to do. For awhile I had monthly weight loss goals, but they made me crazy.

Anyway, that's my theory and it makes me relax and enjoy the ride! :) 

I didn’t mean that you were being competitive.  I meant i usually am and if someone were “beating me” I’d pick up the pace and push to win ...just how i am BUT here i don’t feel that way.  I just feel so excited for everyone’s losses. I am faster than some, slower than some and ok with that!