CheeringCJ

Well, hello, long lost friend, I haven’t seen you since 1984!!!

Look who I revisited today!  Haven’t see the 150s since 1984, before I had my first child!  (I did Jane Fonda workouts - on a record, that’s how long ago it was - to get down to 160 after she was born but I could never get any lower!)

It was nice to see my long lost friend again!!!

74581E67-C34C-4DE1-AF88-6B6DBDE3A32F.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

That is fantastic - definitely time to celebrate ... t3430.gif

Congrats, @CheeringCJ!!! I knew you’d get there...TTF superstar!! It feels great, doesn’t it?! Enjoy your latest victory!! ❤️

Amazing!!! Such an awesome feeling for you!  Keep on keeping on!

On 8/3/2018 at 8:40 AM, Nana Trish said:

Congrats, @CheeringCJ!!! I knew you’d get there...TTF superstar!! It feels great, doesn’t it?! Enjoy your latest victory!! ❤️

True, you all said I could go lower than my drs goal of 170. In my mind I set 160 as my personal goal. And I hit it!  Now what?  Haha! 

Edited by CheeringCJ

Woohooo excellent job @CheeringCJ!  I can relate to that year (1984), but even then I was in denial as to what I weighed so I honestly don't know!  The 150s feels really good to me too.  Your self confidence must be growing and growing.  Well done! <3

Congrats!!! What a great accomplishment!

How are you feeling at that weight? Any thoughts on revising your goals? 

1 hour ago, TammyP said:

Woohooo excellent job @CheeringCJ!  I can relate to that year (1984), but even then I was in denial as to what I weighed so I honestly don't know!  The 150s feels really good to me too.  Your self confidence must be growing and growing.  Well done! <3

I don’t know if anyone else is like this, or if I was just more weight obsessed than everyone else but I could tell you at any given time what I weighed!!!  Kinda pathetic. 

Sadly enough I thought I was THE fattest person in the world when I was a senior in high school and weighed 148#!!!!  Seriously???  The time and energy I’ve wasted on my weight...if only I could have it back!!! (The time and energy, NOT the weight, LOL!)

29 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats!!! What a great accomplishment!

How are you feeling at that weight? Any thoughts on revising your goals? 

I feel awesome at this weight! But I also feel like there’s no way I want to call it quits!  My weight range for my height is 110-144.  I would never even look healthy at 110 but I’m toying with the idea that I could be 144. 

3 hours ago, Anita62 said:

Amazing!!! Such an awesome feeling for you!  Keep on keeping on!

Thanks, I don’t plan on stopping. Not yet at least. I want the most out of my first year. 

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is fantastic - definitely time to celebrate ... t3430.gif

Definitely and thanks for celebrating with me!

Time to update your ticker info @CheeringCJ  :)

YAY!  That is amazing!!!  You must feel so proud of yourself - and you deserve it!  =D  *I* am super proud of you too!

Yaaaaaay!!!! Go you!!!

2 hours ago, TammyP said:

Time to update your ticker info @CheeringCJ  :)

I did update it, it takes for ever to catch up with me,,, but when i did it this am, i realized i had lost over. 80#.    That is a lot of weight, i never though I’d lose that much!

2 hours ago, Kio said:

YAY!  That is amazing!!!  You must feel so proud of yourself - and you deserve it!  =D  *I* am super proud of you too!

Gee thanks!  I am proud of your accomplishments today too, we’re both pretty awesome, just like our buddies here!

1 hour ago, Cardamom77 said:

Yaaaaaay!!!! Go you!!!

Thanks.  Go me, go all of us!!!

20 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I don’t know if anyone else is like this, or if I was just more weight obsessed than everyone else but I could tell you at any given time what I weighed!!!  Kinda pathetic. 

Sadly enough I thought I was THE fattest person in the world when I was a senior in high school and weighed 148#!!!!  Seriously???  The time and energy I’ve wasted on my weight...if only I could have it back!!! (The time and energy, NOT the weight, LOL!)

Giirrrrrrlllll! I thought I was fat in high school when I weighed 130. My best friend  is 5’4” and she weighed 140ish- I felt sorry for her. WT Funsicle?

I am beyond thrilled for you! How are you feeling? Happy? Scared? Any other emotions? I can’t wait to see the pictures of you at the club in a tube top and sequin shorts! 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Giirrrrrrlllll! I thought I was fat in high school when I weighed 130. My best friend  is 5’4” and she weighed 140ish- I felt sorry for her. WT Funsicle?

Yep, I was probably that girl in high school that you felt sorry for!  My best friend was a size 2 and her lunch every day consisted of sour cream and onion potato chips and then a “chocolate shortcake” ice cream pop!!!  EVERY day!  I had fruit and a sandwich EVERY day and was a size 12!  No rhyme or reason to the outcomes. Thanks, genetics! :angry:

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

How are you feeling? Happy? Scared? Any other emotions? I can’t wait to see the pictures of you at the club in a tube top and sequin shorts! 

I am feeling excited. Shocked actually. NEVER let myself even imagine I’d get here, not even with the surgery. So now I’m in uncharted territory where I never thought I’d be so I’m not sure how to feel. Part of me is just so amazed I’m here and the other part (you know the angel and devil on the shoulders situation) is saying “it’s only temporary, you can’t keep it off!”  (Dang that devil!). So I guess it’s a cautious optimism. As for a tube top...never, my tube top days were left behind when I was a b cup, no body wants to see these in tube tops (around my waist) (unless of course you meant the tube SOCKS that you refer to so often...haha!) and I don’t sequin anything. I’m not the bring attention to myself girl, never was, never will be!  

I do have a goal dress that I bought in the winter and it hangs on my closet door. It was too tight but I loved it so I bought it to get into.  I should try it on now!  Maybe Monday which is my 9 m surgiversary. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, CheeringCJ said:

True, you all said I could go lower than my drs goal of 170. In my mind I set 160 a song my personal goal. And I hit it!  Now what?  Haha! 

Keep going until your gut tells you to stop. My original goal was 160 and I stopped at 135. I knew it was time to stop losing. You just know. 

Congratulations - this is wonderful news!  Once you reach your true goal weight, we’ll have a space waiting for you at our group table in the “maintenance cafe.”:)

@CheeringCJ, you are rocking it! That is SO great!!

And I'm so happy for you that you feel so good! You deserve to feel great! You are definitely putting in the effort, so you should reap the rewards! 

We've been losing at about the same pace, so hopefully I'll be there soon too! (I've stalled for a week, but have been traveling and not counting and weighing everything. I got home yesterday so am hoping for the downward slide to start back up. :) ) You are an inspiration for me to get back to tracking! :) 

And I'm with you. We need to take advantage of this first year. I still feel like my body has a setpoint somewhere, but I don't know what it is yet. If I just do everything right and trust the program, my body will reach that setpoint. As you know, we are also the same height and started around the same weight. 144? I would so love that!!!!! We'll see?! 

We'd love to see the picture of the dress when you do try it on!  You are awesome!!

5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

@CheeringCJ, you are rocking it! That is SO great!!

And I'm so happy for you that you feel so good! You deserve to feel great! You are definitely putting in the effort, so you should reap the rewards! 

We've been losing at about the same pace, so hopefully I'll be there soon too! (I've stalled for a week, but have been traveling and not counting and weighing everything. I got home yesterday so am hoping for the downward slide to start back up. :) ) You are an inspiration for me to get back to tracking! :) 

And I'm with you. We need to take advantage of this first year. I still feel like my body has a setpoint somewhere, but I don't know what it is yet. If I just do everything right and trust the program, my body will reach that setpoint. As you know, we are also the same height and started around the same weight. 144? I would so love that!!!!! We'll see?! 

We'd love to see the picture of the dress when you do try it on!  You are awesome!!

Yes, I definitely had a set point in my “previous” life of 226....when i lost weight, I always went back up to that and then stopped.  I never liked 226 but at least i never went above it....until i hit 50 and then i went to 236!  I couldn’t believe it!  Knowing my surgery was coming and i didn’t have to lose weight for my insurance company or my dr, i didn’t care and ate what i wanted last summer and got up to 241.5 but that wasn’t my norm.  I hope i have a new set point going downward.  One that even after i stop actively losing, i can stay at.  

We are about the same but you started long after me so YOU are the rockstar here!  At your pace, i am fully expecting you to pass me soon! :)

i had slowed down a lot but realized i was still having too much fat and my body doesn’t respond to fat well.  I can’t really get the keto thing going, the fat slows me down too much.  Even with like 35 carbs and 800 or less calories a day i can’t lose if i am eating much fat.  I cut the fat and go back to losing, so live and learn and i will keep the fat down.

you’ll get back on track really easy because you’ve been doing so great and a week of travel doesn’t really unravel you if you get right back to it, and you’ll be back to shedding the pounds quickly!

6 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Congratulations - this is wonderful news!  Once you reach your true goal weight, we’ll have a space waiting for you at our group table in the “maintenance cafe.”:)

Yep, i assume i will know when i am done, and you’ll know too, at the cafe, bc i will stop in and stay!!! 

Edited by CheeringCJ

Yay! Congratulations, @CheeringCJ!