never2late

August 23 ( Newbie)

hello, 

wanted to introduce  myself. Im having VSG august 23. Couldn't be more excited. looking for a great forum where I can celebrate my journey, meet new friends and learn lots. I tried another forum.. not sure its for me but shall see.

Welcome!!  I've read a few other forums too, and none of them were what I wanted.  This place was juuuuuuust right.  :)  We are all about the celebrating, and the sharing of our knowledge and experiences.  Glad you found us!

Welcome to Thinner Times!

When I first started out on my WLS journey,  I joined a couple of other WLS forums.  Ultimately, this one was the right fit for me.  I hope you come to feel the same.

Welcome! How exciting that your surgery is coming up in a few weeks! I hope you find the support and info you’re looking for here. :)

Edited by athenarose

Welcome! Folks are here are very friendly and all tough love comes with an extra helping of love. I’m excited for you! 

Hi! Welcome to an awesome forum! I had VSG on June 18th. I got so much advice and information here several months before my surgery and love checking in every day. If I ever have questions or wonder if others are going through something similar, all I have to do is check in here. You are sure to get lots of help from the kindest and most supportive folks!! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I couldn’t be happier that I had surgery!! :D

Welcome! I tried two other forums and a few Fb groups before I found this place, and sooo glad I  kept looking until I landed here: I don’t need lectures on the dangers of drinking from a straw or cheat day recipes, either!!! :wacko: 

I think you’ll enjoy the company here. We’re a supportive bunch, with a lot of cumulative experience to share, and there’s always someone here to say hi to, check in with, or celebrate milestones with.

5 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

I don’t need lectures on the dangers of drinking from a straw or cheat day recipes, either!!! :wacko: 

CHEAT DAY RECIPES? Wut? :mellow:

Welcome to the forum, @never2late! It's lovely here. 

1 minute ago, kristinwitha_k said:

CHEAT DAY RECIPES? Wut? :mellow:

Welcome to the forum, @never2late! It's lovely here. 

Yup. 

I was pretty sure I was not in the right place at that point...

thanks everyone for the warm welcoming! I look forward to this journey with you all. Like to meet new people especially when there is commonality. Yay me!!

Welcome @never2late!  I like your name here. :)  My sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself.  You're going to love being on the losers bench!