Gypsy Angel

Gallbladder Removal Update

Officially 7 days post-op and things are going well. Woke up in absolutely no pain, so I decided to not take the "preventative" morning dose of Norco. So far, so good. If I do end up having some pain sometime today, I am going to just take Tylenol for it.

Scars are healing nicely. No itching. Just keeping them clean & dry. The one in the belly button is the most difficult to keep dry. Cotton ball!!

I am still "grounded" (per doctors orders) from lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk. 12 days til that gets lifted. Even then, though, I may not tell hubs. It's nice to have him lifting the heavy stuff. LOL

I guess the only thing I'm waiting for, now, is any digestion issues from what I eat. So far, nothing is different than before surgery. Well, except that I don't have any pain after eating. Yay!

Belly pic, showing scars. Ignore the stretch marks, plz. Most of those I had even before pregnancy 20-some years ago. LOL

38127504_1787894274635470_8265202955246895104_n.jpg

That's great news - I had no issues after my gallbladder was removed either but as it was an open procedure (removal of omental mass (thankfully benign), gallbladder & appendix),  recovery was far more difficult than my previous laparoscopic abdominal procedures.

I'm so happy your recovery is going well, @Gypsy Angel!! Pay no mind to the stretch marks, lol. What's important is that you're doing well, and feeling good!!

On 8/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, cinwa said:

That's great news - I had no issues after my gallbladder was removed either but as it was an open procedure (removal of omental mass (thankfully benign), gallbladder & appendix),  recovery was far more difficult than my previous laparoscopic abdominal procedures.

That doesn't sound pleasant at all, @cinwa. I'm sure you are quite happy that is far behind you!!

Glad to hear you are doing so well.   I had mine out 20 yrs.  ago.  It was pretty easy but my scar in my navel was and still is annoying.  It created a bit of a pocket so it is nearly impossible to keep clean/dry.  I dry it every day with a hairdryer after my shower.  I don’t know why they try to hide the scar in there, it isn’t like i was a candidate for wearing a bikini and would be upset at the mark (especially since i have about a billion more stretch marks than you!  I couldn’t even see yours ! Ha!)

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Milk the “no lifting” as long as you can ;) 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:24 PM, Gypsy Angel said:

Officially 7 days post-op and things are going well. Woke up in absolutely no pain, so I decided to not take the "preventative" morning dose of Norco. So far, so good. If I do end up having some pain sometime today, I am going to just take Tylenol for it.

Scars are healing nicely. No itching. Just keeping them clean & dry. The one in the belly button is the most difficult to keep dry. Cotton ball!!

I am still "grounded" (per doctors orders) from lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk. 12 days til that gets lifted. Even then, though, I may not tell hubs. It's nice to have him lifting the heavy stuff. LOL

I guess the only thing I'm waiting for, now, is any digestion issues from what I eat. So far, nothing is different than before surgery. Well, except that I don't have any pain after eating. Yay!

Belly pic, showing scars. Ignore the stretch marks, plz. Most of those I had even before pregnancy 20-some years ago. LOL

38127504_1787894274635470_8265202955246895104_n.jpg

The “flaws” we see on our bodies are practically invisible to others. I believe you have stretch marks but I don’t see one. Honest truth. Hope all is well.