Nana Trish

Stressing!!!

9 hours ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

You’re exactly right! A cystoscope isn’t very pleasant. I had one years ago. I hope you’re feeling ok and have a peaceful and restful night:)

Thanks so much, @Animalrescuer18! Crappy, crappy night, but I’m hoping today will be better ❤️

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Yikes @Nana Trish! That sounds awful and I am so sorry. I know Papa Trish is taking good care of you! I hope you can get some rest tonight. ❤️

Papa Trish IS taking good care of me!! Daughter found someone to take Mr. Harper today so I can rest, so that’s a definite plus!! ❤️xoxo❤️

What a day!! Torture!! Just remember every passing day the pain eases and you will be back yo yourself very soon. God bless. 

30 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I woke up at 3am with a mouth full of blood :huh: The socket had been bleeding off and on all evening yesterday. David has an appointment this morning with the same dentist that did my work yesterday, so I’m having him ask if that’s normal or not. I was going to go with him, but just not up to it today. This is bleeding way more than my last tooth did, but that one was a simple extraction. There is a lot of swelling and a good amount of pain. I’m even taking Vicodin (which I hate!) so that means it’s hurting pretty bad. My daughter got a back up sitter for Harper today, so at least I can spend the day resting. And that’s exactly what I plan to do. 

I suppose that means I’ll be popping on and off the forum today...if I can get rid of this pounding headache behind my eyes. 

Thanks so much for checking on me, @cinwa ❤️ xoxo

Trish - try biting on a dampened tea bag placed directly over the bleeding site - the tannic acid in the tea helps clot blood.  That's the instructions my dentist gives.

16 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Trish - try biting on a dampened tea bag placed directly over the bleeding site - the tannic acid in the tea helps clot blood.  That's the instructions my dentist gives.

I did that last night :) Dentist said to try that if the gauze pads didn’t help. That helped for a few hours. I had to do it again at 3am when it started bleeding again. It bleeding seems to be calmed at the moment, but I will try it again if it starts up at all today. Today I’m icing the heck out of it to try and get rid of the swelling.

Sounds miserable. I was going to recommend a tea bag too. That’s all I know to help (and no using straws of course). Hopefully it improves with every hour that passes. Rest up (take advantage of the Vicodin and sleep it off if you can!). 

Awww sounds like a rough few days honey.  Hang in there - I am praying for you too for a speedy recovery. <3

Thank you, @TammyP, @Anita62, and @CheeringCJ :) 

I truly appreciate the prayers and well wishes ❤️ I'm running a low grade fever now, so I'm keeping an eye on that. Swelling is pretty nasty too. But I'm hanging in there! I'd be happy with a little pain relief for now. I'm sure it's coming :wub:

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @TammyP, @Anita62, and @CheeringCJ :) 

I truly appreciate the prayers and well wishes ❤️ I'm running a low grade fever now, so I'm keeping an eye on that. Swelling is pretty nasty too. But I'm hanging in there! I'd be happy with a little pain relief for now. I'm sure it's coming :wub:

We are all pulling for you!  Hang in there.

I look forward to meeting you again. :)

13 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

We are all pulling for you!  Hang in there.

I look forward to meeting you again. :)

Thank you, @Res Ipsa :) I look forward to meeting you again too!!

Oh girlfriend! I hope your mouth is feeling better. What did the dentist tell Papa Trish?

Say hi to Pocket Daughter™️!

14 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) will help with the fever and the pain Trish

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Oh girlfriend! I hope your mouth is feeling better. What did the dentist tell Papa Trish?

Say hi to Pocket Daughter™️!

Hahaha I love that^^^

Dentist says the swelling and extra bleeding was normal for the extra cutting they had to do and also because it took 1.5 hours for the extraction. I didn’t get my fever until well after his appointment, but I decided to wait to call them to see if it was gone this morning. I had a fever for a day after my thyroid and bypass surgeries, so I figured this was probably just normal for my body now. Anytime my body feels like it has sustained any type of trauma, it gives me a fever. My urologist gave me one dose of Cipro to take after my cystoscopy, so I figured if an infection was TRYING to form, I’d be covered, lol. 

Still really sore today, and I’m just very tired. I’m dropping weight because of having to change my diet though, lol. I was 142.6 yesterday, but didn’t change it until this morning on my ticker. Then I weighed myself after that, and I’m down to 141.8, lol

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) will help with the fever and the pain Trish

❤️❤️❤️ Thanks, @cinwa. It’s times like this that I really miss ibuprofen. Tylenol has never done much for me. But the dentist did give me a script for Vicodin. In his words...”you’re going to need it”. It helps better than regular Tylenol, but still not great. It does help me sleep it off though...but I get a bit of an upset stomach with it. I just have to give it Time. It will pass. I’m truly thankful I didn’t have Harper yesterday, because every time I bend over, my jaw just throbs relentlessly. And I bend over a LOT when I have him, lol.  So I don’t have him again until Monday. Hopefully by then I’ll be much better.

11 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Hahaha I love that^^^

Dentist says the swelling and extra bleeding was normal for the extra cutting they had to do and also because it took 1.5 hours for the extraction. I didn’t get my fever until well after his appointment, but I decided to wait to call them to see if it was gone this morning. I had a fever for a day after my thyroid and bypass surgeries, so I figured this was probably just normal for my body now. Anytime my body feels like it has sustained any type of trauma, it gives me a fever. My urologist gave me one dose of Cipro to take after my cystoscopy, so I figured if an infection was TRYING to form, I’d be covered, lol. 

Still really sore today, and I’m just very tired. I’m dropping weight because of having to change my diet though, lol. I was 142.6 yesterday, but didn’t change it until this morning on my ticker. Then I weighed myself after that, and I’m down to 141.8, lol

Sure hope you feel better soon.

Nice to lose weight but rotten way to lose it!!!  Hope tomorrow has you feeling much better!

Checking in to see how you're doing today Trish.

I hope that you are feeling better today Trish. 

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

Checking in to see how you're doing today Trish.

2 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I hope that you are feeling better today Trish. 

I’m doing a little better today guys, thanks for checking in!! My jaw is still pretty swollen, and definitely still just doing soft foods/protein shakes. I’ve got Harper back tomorrow, so please pray that I don’t have a lot of bending over to do...that still hurts like crazy. ❤️

On 8/4/2018 at 11:18 AM, Carina said:

Sure hope you feel better soon.

Thank you, sweet pea!! 

14 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Nice to lose weight but rotten way to lose it!!!  Hope tomorrow has you feeling much better!

I had gotten myself to the weight I wanted to be, lol. Just goes to show that if for some reason I ever did have a regain, I could definitely lose it by dropping my calories and cutting things from my diet...and pretty quickly! I think it’s been either 3 or 4 pounds since Thursday, lol. I’ve only got 5 pounds to reach 200 pounds lost, so I may try that just to say I’ve lost 200 pounds, lol! 

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I had gotten myself to the weight I wanted to be, lol. Just goes to show that if for some reason I ever did have a regain, I could definitely lose it by dropping my calories and cutting things from my diet...and pretty quickly! I think it’s been either 3 or 4 pounds since Thursday, lol. I’ve only got 5 pounds to reach 200 pounds lost, so I may try that just to say I’ve lost 200 pounds, lol! 

Wow, that would be incredible....if you haven’t lost it by September, have another tooth pulled....hahaha! Just kidding!

27 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Wow, that would be incredible....if you haven’t lost it by September, have another tooth pulled....hahaha! Just kidding!

Hahaha CJ...I don’t want to lose 5 more pounds THAT badly!! Lol