Hi everyone! I am 5 weeks post op(gastric sleeve). I have only lost 13.6 lbs ( not including the 6 lbs I gained when I was discharged from the hospital) is this normal, I was discouraged because when I looked at a lot of YouTube videos of other people’s journey there first month was there biggest month of weight loss (most lost 30-40plus lbs). Has anyone experienced this, but had better months later on, I know everyone is different but I was just curious. Thanks 

Oh I’m so glad to know I’m not alone in this! I was sleeved on 6/18 and my weight loss has seemed slow too! Ive only lost 16 lbs since surgery. However, my clothes are really feeling loose. I decided instead of weighing often I would take measurements instead. Wow! I can really tell a difference. Plus my doctor has taken me off my diabetes meds, cholesterol med and blood pressure med!:D

I felt the same as you when I looked at how some people lost SO much in the first month after surgery. I figure as long as I’m getting my protein and water in, the scale will eventually start moving again. I know I should be exercising more but for now all I’m doing is my daily walk.

Let’s try not to compare ourselves too much to the lucky folks who lose 30 lbs in the first month!:) We’ll just keep up the good work and the weight will have to drop off.

Welcome to Thinner Times!

Best advice I can offer is not to compare yourself to others because invariably, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Just keep following your programme and try to get some exercise in on a regular basis.

I lost 16 in the first month and thought I would turn out to be a total failure!!! I really wanted to lose 30-40, like I saw so many people talking about :( That was not to be, but slow and steady wins the race, as they say. You will do fine as long as you keep on doing what you’re supposed to be doing and make all those important life changes that will help you take off the weight and keep it off long term. 

3 hours ago, Bfrazier1107 said:

Hi everyone! I am 5 weeks post op(gastric sleeve). I have only lost 13.6 lbs ( not including the 6 lbs I gained when I was discharged from the hospital) is this normal, I was discouraged because when I looked at a lot of YouTube videos of other people’s journey there first month was there biggest month of weight loss (most lost 30-40plus lbs). Has anyone experienced this, but had better months later on, I know everyone is different but I was just curious. Thanks 

I lost 14 lbs the first month and felt the same way. Try not to compare. I know it's hard. We all end up where we are suppose to be if we stick to the program. It doesn't matter in the end who is fastest or gets there first. You are doing great !!

Thanks Tracyringo!

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement, I needed that 

The others are right. I am 4 months out and just now about 60 pounds down. Keep following your plan and the weight will drop. Maybe slowly but, certainly surely ;)