Sign in to follow this  
CheeringCJ

Of all things that are getting too big...

The thing that has gotten the biggest on me this month isn’t my pants, not even my shirts, it’s my necklines!!!  What the heck?!?!  All of my shirts still fit but they are sliding down and my bra straps show all of the time now. Why is that?  Geesh!  I don’t think i can get smaller shirts yet (til my upper body gets smaller) but every single neckline is now too big!  I just don’t get that. Have you guys run into that and is there anything that you can do that helps that?  I pinned myself into my shirt the other day but that was annoying to get it to look right. 

I didn't notice this problem until this month as well! A previously modest vneck was so wide and low I ended up showing a lot more than I normally would at my 5k this month. :blink: This and another with the same issue still fit around the belly and hips though, so I'm stuck as well!

Yes! I keep hoping that 80's look of showing most of a shoulder comes back in! 

25 minutes ago, KMFL28 said:

It is! I have several shirts/sweatshirts that were made with oversized necklines. It’s actually a super cute look and pretty common among the college girls around here.  @CheeringCJ just wear a fitted tank top or cami underneath (or, if you’re feeling extra daring, a bra/bralette suitable for public peekaboo) and if the shirt slides off one shoulder, you’ll just look like you’re on trend.

Edited by athenarose

The last couple of times I've had to "size down" on my clothing, I had this happen to me too. Over the past few weeks my weight has stayed within the 145-149 pound range, but it's still happening. I just figured I must be losing inches in my shoulder area. But I don't believe I can possibly lose any more inches from there because it's just skin and bones on my shoulder/chest area now. Maybe that's what's happening to you, @CheeringCJ. Plus, I think our bodies are constantly trying to redistribute the weight/skin as we lose, so that could be a factor too. Of course that's just my opinion...I have no facts to back that up, lol.

Oh yeah its happened to me....plus things are getting longer. I really notice it in my thermals which I haven't yet replaced. They're generally worn pretty tight, so I figured I could keep wearing them even though I'm way smaller than I was when they were bought. The vests are now as long as dresses!!! I even have some knee length socks that now come right up over my knees.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, delilas said:

I didn't notice this problem until this month as well! A previously modest vneck was so wide and low I ended up showing a lot more than I normally would at my 5k this month. :blink: This and another with the same issue still fit around the belly and hips though, so I'm stuck as well!

exactly....I feel like I am a constant peep show, I am constantly having to pull my shirts/dresses up and back!  

On 7/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, KMFL28 said:

that would work for me!  my shoulders are pretty lovely that they should be peeking through....the girls on the other hand, pretty droopy so they should NOT be seen!

On 7/29/2018 at 11:59 AM, athenarose said:

It is! I have several shirts/sweatshirts that were made with oversized necklines. It’s actually a super cute look and pretty common among the college girls around here.  @CheeringCJ just wear a fitted tank top or cami underneath (or, if you’re feeling extra daring, a bra/bralette suitable for public peekaboo) and if the shirt slides off one shoulder, you’ll just look like you’re on trend.

I probably could on a Saturday, but it wouldn't be professional enough at work.  I have looked into getting some sort of lacy cleavage cover up (like this only in neutral colors)  which might look better if it peeks through.  Guess the only way to know would be to try one.

5372fac6-6a55-43ed-91c3-ae384243dc59_1.52bca99562bcbfc301b8fba0bdb87aed.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

On 7/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, Nana Trish said:

The last couple of times I've had to "size down" on my clothing, I had this happen to me too. Over the past few weeks my weight has stayed within the 145-149 pound range, but it's still happening. I just figured I must be losing inches in my shoulder area. But I don't believe I can possibly lose any more inches from there because it's just skin and bones on my shoulder/chest area now. Maybe that's what's happening to you, @CheeringCJ. Plus, I think our bodies are constantly trying to redistribute the weight/skin as we lose, so that could be a factor too. Of course that's just my opinion...I have no facts to back that up, lol.

I do feel like I am "re-shaping" which is an odd thing.  I do feel like my stomach is bigger this week though and I am not happy w/ that. I bought shapewear 3 months ago and only wore it like 3 times bc I hate it and I am not "that bad"....well lately I am realizing I AM THAT BAD! ha!  I need something to hold me in

On 7/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, Aussie Bear said:

Oh yeah its happened to me....plus things are getting longer. I really notice it in my thermals which I haven't yet replaced. They're generally worn pretty tight, so I figured I could keep wearing them even though I'm way smaller than I was when they were bought. The vests are now as long as dresses!!! I even have some knee length socks that now come right up over my knees.

that is funny and I have noticed that in a few things too, I was hoping I wasn't getting shorter! ha!

I notice my running tops "have bigger necklines" than they used to also. But unfortunately, my girls are dropping lower, so I have more flat area on my upper chest, so I'm still not showing anything! Haha, everything is moving south!

I like that lacy camisole/bra you pictured because it has real straps instead of spaghetti straps! Where did you find it? Seems like a nice solution. 

I like the bra thing as well; curious where you got it.

4 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I like that lacy camisole/bra you pictured because it has real straps instead of spaghetti straps! Where did you find it? Seems like a nice solution. 

3 hours ago, Carina said:

I like the bra thing as well; curious where you got it.

That's a Rhonda Shear Seamless Bra with Lace Overlay 9346:  https://www.herroom.com/rhonda-shear-9346-seamless-bra-with-lace-overlay.shtml?utm_source=adv&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=pla&utm_content=Rhon01-9346&gclid=CjwKCAjwtIXbBRBhEiwAWV-5nsD-6ZyftX7xYL_vu4DZsAvbElARwTBdJx0Gnh8JCQJoL5sC32fPkhoCmLsQAvD_BwE

Looks like you can get them cheaper on eBay:  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Rhonda+Shear+Seamless+Bra+Lace+Overlay+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=Rhonda+Shear+Seamless+Bra+with+Lace+Overlay+9346

My "girls!?!?" erg boys??? man boobs... idk, are getting saggy too but I don't think that top is a good solution for me. :D

6 hours ago, AustinJ said:

My "girls!?!?" erg boys??? man boobs... idk, are getting saggy too but I don't think that top is a good solution for me. :D

It is lovely though. Ask your wife what she thinks of you getting one. I’m sure they sell it in blue or black or other manly colors! Haha!

11 hours ago, AustinJ said:

So, trans men will often wear binders as a way to reduce their chests. It may be worth looking into if you're concerned about the way your chest looks. There's no rule that says you have to be transgender to wear them. :) Let me know if you are interested and I can probably point you in the right direction. I have a transgender son, so I'm somewhat familiar with that kind of thing. 

Edited by Cardamom77

@Cardamom77 I puffy heart love you. 

@AustinJ Cardamom beat me to the binder suggestion. Binders can be a real confidence booster. Compression shirts for men are also popular. I might be wrong but I believe that @TP1210 used one?