Nana Trish

Here’s our group photo!

What a lovely, wonderful time today...meeting @Res Ipsa, @BurgundyBoy, @NerdyToothpick and @Kio!!! You all are even more awesome in person, but that really doesn’t surprise me!! Thank you all so much for spending part of your day with me. I can’t wait to do it again next year ❤️

CFD3F820-D4FF-4B8F-B5D4-FCD5C23AC870.jpeg

What a slim pic!!!!:D

How awesome!  You all look amazing - wish I could be there too!!

Edited by kayak19

Truly, I'm envious that you all got a chance to get together.  And it looks as if you have perfect weather too.

So great that you guys saw each other! Sure hope I can join sometime (distance, pfff).

What a wonderful group you all are! (This has to get in to the NSVs somehow...) It's just humbling to spend time with you guys. 

Trish next year you'll have to come a day early so the Hubs and I (and whomever else wants) can go striper fishing in the Cape Cod Canal before we get together.  @Carina we'll have to ask Res Ipsa to set a date for next year so you can get that inexpensive discount ticket to Boston all lined up! @cinwa The weather was brilliant today, it's hot for Boston but being next to the ocean provided some breeze. It's always a surprise to people how much of central Boston wraps around the bays and inlets ... 

@Nana Trish @Kio @NerdyToothpick @Res Ipsa 

How fun !!  You guys all look great !!

@BurgundyBoy @Nana Trish @Kio @Res Ipsa

What a wonderful time! I’m glad that we had an opportunity to meet IRL. I already knew BB and Res, so meeting Kio and Trish was an extra special treat.

Its funny how these online friendships transform into family relationships. I was nervous when we met (I’m socially awkward) but that soon slipped away into casual ease. Sadly, Res missed the moment when I lifted up my shirt to show my scars. :lol:

I hope we can keep these meetups going and we can expand our IRL group. Much love to all! 

What a fun day!  You all look amazing!  

Super jealous!!! :wub::wub::wub:

You guys look great! What a skinny bunch you are. Great to see you all together with big smiles and small everything else. 

This makes me all kinds of happy! So glad that you all were able to meet up. :)

You all look so happy. When I first saw this photo a few hours ago I couldn't help but think how online life can become so real. I'm somewhat envious that you folk can get together occasionally. You could even run into each other when out and about, let alone plan to meet up for a coffee! No chance of that where I am.....but if you ever plan a trip to The Land Down Under....let me know.

@Aussie Bear I’m desperate to get to Australia. I think I’ll have to wait another year before trying to put Katya on such a long flight. Prior to having a child, my husband and I traveled nonstop and I’m aching to get back into my vagabond ways. It’s important to us that we share our love of travel with Katya, so Australia is a must. I promise that we will meet someday. 

@athenarose Your ears must have been burning because we made it a point to talk about how inspiring you are to each of us. :D I hope your birthday was full of awesome!

36 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@athenarose Your ears must have been burning because we made it a point to talk about how inspiring you are to each of us. :D I hope your birthday was full of awesome!

:wub: I can honestly say the same thing about all of you. I love this forum and the people on it so much! And my birthday was quiet and I hid out in my bedroom all day, which is the perfect day for an introvert like me. 

@athenarose Introverts of the world unite!

20 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Yesssss!!! I like to say that I’m selectively social. Lol. But I would totally socialize with you all. As long as I can go be alone afterwards and take a nap.

13 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Sadly, Res missed the moment when I lifted up my shirt to show my scars. :lol:

I am sorry that I missed this, but it was truly wonderful to be able to spend time with all of you. @NerdyToothpick @BurgundyBoy @Kio @Nana Trish

And a special thank you to Trish, who travelled a long way with her family to come!! :)

9 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Separately! In our own homes! :lol:

You all look wonderful! So exciting you got to meet and hang!

3 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I am sorry that I missed this, but it was truly wonderful to be able to spend time with all of you. @NerdyToothpick @BurgundyBoy @Kio @Nana Trish

And a special thank you to Trish, who travelled a long way with her family to come!! :)

It was quite a sight to see the shirts go up and watch scar comparisons, lol...I think the folks in the park must have thought we were nuts! I couldn't join in on that part of the fun, as I was wearing a dress, and well, let's just say no one wants to see that...lol!

It was truly my pleasure to make the trip and meet you wonderful people...definitely worth the drive!! I think these get together are fantastic, and I can't wait for the next one!

19 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

What a wonderful group you all are! (This has to get in to the NSVs somehow...) It's just humbling to spend time with you guys. 

Trish next year you'll have to come a day early so the Hubs and I (and whomever else wants) can go striper fishing in the Cape Cod Canal before we get together.  @Carina we'll have to ask Res Ipsa to set a date for next year so you can get that inexpensive discount ticket to Boston all lined up! @cinwa The weather was brilliant today, it's hot for Boston but being next to the ocean provided some breeze. It's always a surprise to people how much of central Boston wraps around the bays and inlets ... 

It was very humbling to spend time with you guys. The weather was perfect, and the company was delightful...it was just a beautiful experience for me...getting to meet some of my biggest supporters over the past couple of years was a blessing. 

Now...as far as the fishing trip goes, @BurgundyBoy...hubby is already planning our trip for next year for that reason alone!! You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into by suggesting a fishing excursion with him! He's going to hold you to it!! :) 

2 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

It was very humbling to spend time with you guys. The weather was perfect, and the company was delightful...it was just a beautiful experience for me...getting to meet some of my biggest supporters over the past couple of years was a blessing. 

Now...as far as the fishing trip goes, @BurgundyBoy...hubby is already planning our trip for next year for that reason alone!! You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into by suggesting a fishing excursion with him! He's going to hold you to it!! :) 

Good. This means I will have to BUY a whole striper and when we see everyone at 11, claim to have caught it. Am sure the Hubs knows how to not say anything...

(Maybe we'll get motorcycle riding TTF members from NY area who have allowed as they have been known to cast a line and have recently had skin reduction surgery, hint hint). 

Just now, BurgundyBoy said:

Good. This means I will have to BUY a whole striper and when we see everyone at 11, claim to have caught it. Am sure the Hubs knows how to not say anything...

HA!! Too funny :lol:

17 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@BurgundyBoy @Nana Trish @Kio @Res Ipsa

What a wonderful time! I’m glad that we had an opportunity to meet IRL. I already knew BB and Res, so meeting Kio and Trish was an extra special treat.

Its funny how these online friendships transform into family relationships. I was nervous when we met (I’m socially awkward) but that soon slipped away into casual ease. Sadly, Res missed the moment when I lifted up my shirt to show my scars. :lol:

I hope we can keep these meetups going and we can expand our IRL group. Much love to all! 

I was quite nervous too, @NerdyToothpick...panic attacks on Friday night just thinking about it! I don't normally do well at all, meeting people for the first time, but yesterday it felt like we had all known each other IRL for a while. Which is right on course for this group...just goes to show how genuine and real our support is for each other!! And this was my first time ever meeting folks in person that I've corresponded with online...so a lot was riding on this! Lol! In all seriousness though, you all made a nervous New York WLS girl feel right at home, and I can't thank you enough for that!! Next year, we are planning to do an overnight stay. We were wiped out when we arrived home at 1:40 this morning!! We stayed way too late, lol...Quincy Market was calling our name. So we spent the day there after walking around Castle Island for a bit... @BurgundyBoy, did I ever get my Trishes in yesterday!! I'm aching from head to toe, so sunburned I look like a ~lobstah~ and loving it!!!

20 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I did not read this as “striper” but as “stripper”. 

9C5021B3-91E9-4C94-8AB4-E2E1E562D115.jpeg