Gypsy Angel

Checking In

Gallbladder removal surgery was yesterday. Nothing to write home about, really. I guess it was pretty standard. I think the only thing I was disappointed with was I wanted to see the robotic thingy, but they shot me full of knock-out drugs before I left my pre-op room and I was OUT before we ever hit the operating room. Darnit! LOL

First words out of my mouth when waking up in recovery? "I'm done already?" Edwin, my "babysitter"/nurse just chuckled and said, "Yup, you made it!"  I think we sat in recovery for an extra 20 minutes while he fed me ice cubes. Asked if I was ready to see my husband and wheeled me back to the pre-op room so I could grab something to eat (applesauce & half an orange popsicle). Discharge papers were signed, scrip was written out, and I was outta there!

The pain is pretty significant. Need to call doc and ask if I can take Tylenol between Norco times. Just something to take the edge off the pain. 

Anyway, that's done. And it's nap time now.

Have a good day, all!

Great news that the surgery went well!  I hope that your recovery is easy. 

I’m so glad your surgery went well!! I remember having quite a bit of pain after I had mine out too, but I remember the worst of it only lasting a few days. So hang in there and rest ❤️ 

Prayers for a quick recovery!

Glad you’re done, everything went well, and you’re on the road to recovery! I hope the pain gets better fast :) 

19 hours ago, Gypsy Angel said:

The pain is pretty significant. Need to call doc and ask if I can take Tylenol between Norco times. Just something to take the edge off the pain. 

Checking in to see how you're doing today.

I hope you are in less pain and are recovering well! Sending hugs and positive thoughts. 

On 7/28/2018 at 8:10 AM, cinwa said:

Checking in to see how you're doing today.

I'm hanging in there. Hubs is being quite the warden today. Which is sweet and shows how much he cares, but ugh! I do not need to ask permission to go to the bathroom! Darnit!

22 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I hope you are in less pain and are recovering well! Sending hugs and positive thoughts. 

Much appreciated! Thank you. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery....and that hubs gives you a break from his attentiveness!

On 7/29/2018 at 10:45 PM, Aussie Bear said:

Hope you have a speedy recovery....and that hubs gives you a break from his attentiveness!

He has stepped down from his warden status now that I have called doc and doc increased my pain meds. lol