Sa1ty

Hello everyone!

Newbie here! Just had a gastric sleeve surgery 7/16/2018. I’m on the full liquids now. Excited being on this new journey for a healthier lifestyle.  I know it’s gonna take some work to achieve my goals but my life is worth it! Thank you so much for accepting me in this forum. I’ll learn from each and everyone of you, of your weight loss journey. The good , bad and ugly of it all. Thanks  again! 

Welcome @Sa1ty, and congratulations on your surgery. You have a fantastic attitude to take on this new lifestyle - it will serve you well! :)

Welcome to TT!

Welcome and congrats on your surgery :) I hope the road ahead for you is as good as it’s been for me.

Welcome to Thinner Times Sa1ty!

14 hours ago, Sa1ty said:

Newbie here! Just had a gastric sleeve surgery 7/16/2018. I’m on the full liquids now. Excited being on this new journey for a healthier lifestyle.  I know it’s gonna take some work to achieve my goals but my life is worth it! Thank you so much for accepting me in this forum. I’ll learn from each and everyone of you, of your weight loss journey. The good , bad and ugly of it all. Thanks  again! 

Hi Sa1ty and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!  =}

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome and congrats on the beginning of your journey to a new gloriously healthy life!

@Sa1ty hows it going for you today???

Hiya! It’s going alright. I went to my 2 wk post op follow up and lost 15 lbs. My skin still healing, but feels itchy lol like a dry scab. lol The end of this month I’ll have to gradually update the clothes sizes. Right now I have a lot of drawstring waistbands and leggings.  I’ve added a pic of my peak weight (280) before the surgery and my 2 wk post op. (242). I’m excited for this new journey. =P 

C71F807D-6F47-48B3-AD19-F477EBB25211.jpeg

Edited by Sa1ty

@Sa1ty wow! I can already see a difference. Good for you! you've pumped me up. keep up with the good work!

10 hours ago, Sa1ty said:

Hiya! It’s going alright. I went to my 2 wk post op follow up and lost 15 lbs. My skin still healing, but feels itchy lol like a dry scab. lol .....

15lb in 2 weeks is outstanding!

I hear you on the itchy skin - mine was like that (I have dry skin anyway).  Try something like straight up almond oil straight out of the shower on damp skin.  That was a lifesaver for me and I still use it after every shower.  It's rich in oleic and linoleic acids which make a very good natural moisturizing agent and it's often recommended for a baby's skin.

Good to know. Thank you cinwa! 

i use coconut oil daily after shower and let it dry naturally.  never need lotion

Great idea! Thank you!