Nana Trish

Real names

Any of you planning to attend the Boston get together this weekend...I need your real names...if they aren't the same names you use here on the forum!! I don't want to look like an idiot calling you by your forum name...if you don't go by your true name :) Burgundy Boy and Kio to name a few! You can PM me if you'd like ❤️ This is getting serious, real quick, for someone with Uber anxiety, lol! My name is Patty...Patricia, actually. But I go by Trish (that’s what hubby has always called me ❤️) Help me out here, guys! I know Geoff, Tom and Lynda. Past that, I'm stumped! Help a sister out!! :wub:

Edited by Nana Trish

This is a yearly thing? Hmmm....I may have to think about next year. Hope you all have a great time!!

It’s a yearly thing in the Boston area. This will be the third year, but my first time attending. I hope to have a great time too! 

8 hours ago, Gypsy Angel said:

This is a yearly thing? Hmmm....I may have to think about next year. Hope you all have a great time!!

Well, if we get enough folks we'll have to get Red Sox tickets, see Blue Man group, and walk the Freedom Trail. And then eat 4.0 oz of lobstah!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Well, if we get enough folks we'll have to get Red Sox tickets, see Blue Man group, and walk the Freedom Trail. And then eat 4.0 oz of lobstah!

Lobstah in the cah by the pahk...hehehe

Ya got da idea :cool:

By the seah where youh cahn see da ocean

The really fun thing to do in Boston in the summer is to pack a lunch (and some water) and take the ferry for a day at the Boston Harbor Islands National Park. Lots of wonderful islands to visit, and the ferry is not expensive. 

I’ve only been to Boston twice in my life (yeah, I’m THAT boring, lol...don’t travel much), but I loved it both times! We saw the aquarium, of course Quincy Market, saw a movie at the IMAX theater, had dinner at a nice restaurant (can’t remember the name of it now, it was back in 2006) and took the girls to Build a Bear. Also had to check out the original “Cheers”  :D It’ll be nice to have some lovely Bostonians to visit the city with! We have a nice ferry across Lake Champlain that we took from Vermont back to NY last summer after our mini vacation, @Res Ipsa...I’m sure you know it, lol. That was also the first ferry ride I’ve taken. They are very enjoyable, as long as I don’t think about how much all of the cars on the ferry weigh, while we are afloat! I’d love to take the ferry you’re talking about. Maybe on our next trip to Boston. It’ll have to be an overnight stay the next time so hubby and I can do that! 

As I looked through my closet for something to wear, I immediately hoped I would find something that wouldn’t make me look fat. Old habits never die. :lol:

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

As I looked through my closet for something to wear, I immediately hoped I would find something that wouldn’t make me look fat. Old habits never die. :lol:

I hope you’re planning on rocking some horizontal stripes in shocking colors.

5 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Not a chance of ANYTHING making you look fat, dear Nerdy!! You are tiny...and now I’ve seen you in person so no arguments allowed!! 

Kill those old habits ❤️

I'm sorry I missed you guys today, it couldn't be helped. Hope to get to the next one. If any of your you want to join the TT Alumni group on FB, pm me with your fb name.

@tmcgee You were missed! No excuses for next year! xo

6 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I hope you’re planning on rocking some horizontal stripes in shocking colors.

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Not a chance of ANYTHING making you look fat, dear Nerdy!! You are tiny...and now I’ve seen you in person so no arguments allowed!! 

Kill those old habits ❤️

@Jen581791 @Nana Trish Isn’t it ridiculous how these toxic thoughts cloud our brains? We are all smaller people with no chance of looking “fat”. 

Trish, you are teeny tiny. I’m not trying to make you feel good. It’s jaw dropping!

Oops! I missed this whole thread somehow! Belatedly, my name’s Merry. :) 

I loved getting to meet you guys today! Such a great time, such awesome good-looking faces.  Can’t wait for a repeat!

@Kio Merry is a lovely name! I’m so dumb. I actually thought your name was Kio. I kept meaning to ask you the origin of your name. D’oh! 

I’m so happy I met you. I was bowled over by your cheer and positivity. I hope we can see each other again sooner rather than later. 

Maybe next year I'll ride up to Bahstun and hang out for a bit. I have to visit family up there, It's been quite a while since I've seen them.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:57 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Haha, I'm up for ALL of that except lobstah. Shellfish allergies are the devil! *sigh*

On 7/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio Merry is a lovely name! I’m so dumb. I actually thought your name was Kio. I kept meaning to ask you the origin of your name. D’oh! 

I’m so happy I met you. I was bowled over by your cheer and positivity. I hope we can see each other again sooner rather than later. 

I thought lovely Kio's name was Kio too!!! I thought I had asked her, and remember her saying yes it was. So much for brain fog!!!

Merry IS a lovely name!!! 

On 7/28/2018 at 6:05 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

Trish, you are teeny tiny. I’m not trying to make you feel good. It’s jaw dropping!

I'd say "normal size' but thank you so much for the sweet compliment!!! I'm just happy to be able to get around and breathe like a normal person, and not sweat my butt off!!! Meeting you was so much fun! ❤️

On 7/28/2018 at 9:17 PM, Kio said:

Oops! I missed this whole thread somehow! Belatedly, my name’s Merry. :) 

I loved getting to meet you guys today! Such a great time, such awesome good-looking faces.  Can’t wait for a repeat!

What a perfect name for someone so merry!  It suits you!

On 7/30/2018 at 5:50 AM, TP1210 said:

Maybe next year I'll ride up to Bahstun and hang out for a bit. I have to visit family up there, It's been quite a while since I've seen them.

Hope so! So now you have another reason to head Naath to Bahstun.