Hello. Just thought id give a update on how things are going.  Been busy with the farm and my new found energy. Ive have gotten down to 215. Seems like the weight is harded to get off now. But it is still slipping away.  First pic is from a year ago when I started my supervised weight loss.  Second pic is from this past friday. Thats my wife and son in the photos.  He is in 4h with his dairy calf project.  Take care Rob

FB95IMG951500674924937.jpg

Resized952018072095135933954636.jpg

Woah, I was going say "holy cow" but that would just cause confusion since there is also a cow in the picture, but wow!  Looks like you and your wife have both shrunk between those two pictures.  I'm sure you have managed to put all your new found energy to good use too.

Keep on keeping on!

rob

WOW!  That's quite a dramatic transformation Rob - congratulations!

Wowzers! Awesome job, Rob!!! You look totally different now. Looks like your wife may be a bit smaller as well?

My husband has also been losing weight with me and eating healthy as well. Funny thing is that he has lost more than I have without even having surgery. He is almost to goal and I am not even half way there.

I lost a total of 4 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. Truly gets frustrating.

You have a nice looking family and congratulations on your loss again.

Fantastic Job!!  You look great!!! I agree, your wife looks a little thinner too!

Both my mom (9y post op RNY) and my husband have lost weight with me.  I think it's because I was the primary chef in the house....not so much any more.

Wow!!!  Your weight loss success is both amazing and inspirational to us all. :)

You look fantastic!  And so happy!  Nice family.  

AMAZING, Rob! you have done so super in such a short time!  Fantastic to all be healthier this year!!! :)  keep up the good work! 

You look great, congrats! You and your family look very happy :) 

That’s so exciting for your whole family! Congratulations!

Thank you all for the kind words.  Looking at the pics myself I can see a big difference.  But mentally I still feel like the big guy. When will that change? Thanks Rob

1 hour ago, michiganmilkman said:

Thank you all for the kind words.  Looking at the pics myself I can see a big difference.  But mentally I still feel like the big guy. When will that change? Thanks Rob

it took me about a year of being at my goal weight before I truly came to accept that I was not longer a big guy. 

I still am shocked when I go shopping for clothes about how small the clothes are. 

it is nice to not be "the big guy."

Yep!  Like Res Ipsa, it took me a long time past goal until I recognized myself in a photo or mirror.  

I bounce between forgetting I was ever that big and disbelief that I'm as small as I am now. Like whiplash sometimes. I've been at GW for 6 months now, and it's going to take longer before my head really really *gets it* that I am the size I am. I had a dream the other night that I had been on a big diet and lost a bunch of weight and was feeling really good about myself - but from the perspective of bigger me, so where I actually ended up in the dream, much thinner than where I started, was much heavier than what I am now. I woke up and first realized it was a dream, and felt disappointed that I hadn't actually gone on a diet and lost weight, but then I realized that yes, I'd had WLS and was actually much thinner than my dream scenario that I was so happy about. I mean, in the dream, I could see myself in the mirror, trying on clothes and feeling happy and looking good, but much heavier than I actually am. It was really disorienting.