Thank you to everyone for all the posts and support. It has been so helpful. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and I have lost no weight for over a week now. I am really concerned that this is not working. Is it possible my body has adjusted to the low calories and has stopped losing? How do you know if this is a normal stall and when it will be over?

Your 3 week stall arrived right on time. It’s super common. Just stick to your program and it’ll break eventually. Promise.

How long does it take to pass normally?

2 hours ago, athenarose said:

Your 3 week stall arrived right on time. It’s super common. Just stick to your program and it’ll break eventually. Promise.

How long does it usually last?

4 minutes ago, JenniferJT said:

How long does it take to pass normally?

How long does it usually last?

It really varies from person to person. I never officially hit a three week stall, but I would stall every month from the time I ovulated to the time I got my period. Literally, no weight loss for two weeks out of every.single.month. So, I had my own struggles :lol: If you search “three week stall” on here, you’ll see that your experience is super common. Just rest assured that it’s totally a normal part of the process. The best thing you can do is stick to your program, try to hit your water and protein goals and know that the weight will come off. No one ever stops losing for good a month after surgery. Oh! And take measurements! And pictures. Just because the scale isn’t moving doesn’t mean that your body composition isn’t changing. 

Thanks Athena rose. That’s really helpful and encouraging!

Jennifer, you’ll be fine! Your body needs some time to catch up with all the very quick post-op losses. I know it feels like “it’s not working “ but it is. @athenarose‘s words are so true. This is absolutely common, and you will get used to the not at all smooth, but generally downward trend that will happen to your weight. This will work for you. Have faith in the process and keep doing what you need to be doing (protein, water, walking). 

Congrats on almost having finished your first month post-op! :)