Gypsy Angel

Don't Forget to Take Pics

Consistently. Especially in your active losing phase. I'm talking 2-weeks post-op. 1-month post-op. 2 months post-op. Etc. etc. You get the idea.  You do NOT have to share with the general public, but you're going to want to stash your progress pics for when you have times of discouragement. Always look at how far you've come instead of how far you have to go!

Wish I had dated these photos better. Wish I had done the month-by-month thing.  Wish I had labeled these better.  I know the first one is the morning of surgery. The second one is 2 weeks post-op. The third one is 3-months post-op when I had lost 100 lbs.  After that? Your guess is as good as mine.

New Phototastic Collage.jpg

That is a truly stunning transformation Gypsy Angel - you have lost just over 255.5 lb.  That's pretty much the average weight of a woman looking at bariatric surgery starts out at!

@Gypsy Angel Wow! that is unbelievable. Good for the Lurkers on the site to see what great things can happen after surgery. 

You’re absolutely right, @Gypsy Angel, and congrats on your incredible transformation! You must be so proud of yourself.

I am really glad I took consistent pics. They really help me to wrap my head around where I started and how I got to where I am today. Any lurkers out there, please follow @Gypsy Angel‘s advice. You will thank yourself.

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is a truly stunning transformation Gypsy Angel - you have lost just over 255.5 lb.  That's pretty much the average weight of a woman looking at bariatric surgery starts out at!

Thank you!  I still have a difficult time believing how much I have lost. One of the reasons I am glad for the pictures I have taken.

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You’re absolutely right, @Gypsy Angel, and congrats on your incredible transformation! You must be so proud of yourself.

I am really glad I took consistent pics. They really help me to wrap my head around where I started and how I got to where I am today. Any lurkers out there, please follow @Gypsy Angel‘s advice. You will thank yourself.

I am incredibly proud of myself. And astonished with myself. And thankful for all the love and support I've received through this whole process.

9 hours ago, Gypsy Angel said:

Consistently. Especially in your active losing phase. I'm talking 2-weeks post-op. 1-month post-op. 2 months post-op. Etc. etc. You get the idea.  You do NOT have to share with the general public, but you're going to want to stash your progress pics for when you have times of discouragement. Always look at how far you've come instead of how far you have to go!

Agreed!!!  My cousin who had VSG told me to take pics in my undies just for me to see.  Not brave enough for that, but i bet it would have amazed me!  I love your special T-shirt’s though!  And you’ve done a phenomenal job!

Edited by CheeringCJ

Your photos look amazing. Even in your first one you look happy....that seems rare from other people's before shots where most have a distinct sadness. I took some before photos in workout gear and I look absolutely miserable. I didn't take others along the way but in hindsight probably should have. I loved @Jen581791s monthly progression shots, but in all honesty I've never liked having photos taken and still don't. I'm definitely not photogenic. 

9 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Agreed!!!  My cousin who had VSG told me to take pics in my undies just for me to see.  Not brave enough for that, but i bet it would have amazed me!  I love your special T-shirt’s though!  And you’ve done a phenomenal job!

Thank you!

The undies thing wasn't gonna happen with me, either. I'm shocked I have pics of me in a swimsuit!
I had to scroll up and see which "special" t-shirts you were referring to, LOL.  The "I Lost 100 lbs" t-shirt was a surprise from hubby. <3 The "I Reached My Goal" t-shirt was from my surgeon.

7 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Your photos look amazing. Even in your first one you look happy....that seems rare from other people's before shots where most have a distinct sadness. I took some before photos in workout gear and I look absolutely miserable. I didn't take others along the way but in hindsight probably should have. I loved @Jen581791s monthly progression shots, but in all honesty I've never liked having photos taken and still don't. I'm definitely not photogenic. 

I was happy in the first one. It was the morning of surgery, I was excited to get to the hospital and to get this whole thing rolling. It helped that my husband and my best friend were there to support me and cheer me on.

And, I am like you as far as pics go. I am NOT a photogenic person. And I loathe having my pictures taken!

Jaw dropping transformation...just amazing!!

You have come so far...and KEPT it OFF!M. Way to go!  

Wow, thank you for posting the pictures! They are truly amazing and inspiring. I'm also impressed and glad that your surgery was in 2012 and you're still keeping the weight off , and you're still on TTF. Thanks for being here with us Newbies!!

@Gypsy AngelWOW!!  Truly amazing pics!   You've made my day with these.  My first pre op appointment is in the morning and I'm nervous and dreading the liquid diet (wondering how on earth I'm going to keep THAT up for two whole weeks.)  Then seeing your progress puts it all in perspective.  That's why I'm doing this...to shrink like you did must be amazing.  And to keep it off after all this time.  Thank you so much for the advice about the pictures.  I will definitely do those each month and date them well.  And take my measurements.  I have wanted to wear 'normal' clothes for so long.  Can't wait to get there!!  Thanks again for the inspiration!

Wow. Just wow. You are an inspiration to us all. I am very impressed.  :)

3 hours ago, Tina1965 said:

@Gypsy AngelWOW!!  Truly amazing pics!   You've made my day with these.  My first pre op appointment is in the morning and I'm nervous and dreading the liquid diet (wondering how on earth I'm going to keep THAT up for two whole weeks.)  Then seeing your progress puts it all in perspective.  That's why I'm doing this...to shrink like you did must be amazing.  And to keep it off after all this time.  Thank you so much for the advice about the pictures.  I will definitely do those each month and date them well.  And take my measurements.  I have wanted to wear 'normal' clothes for so long.  Can't wait to get there!!  Thanks again for the inspiration!

I am so excited for you to start your journey!  No doubt you can, and will, get through the pre-op liquid diet. I look forward to hearing about your successes! And, maybe, seeing a picture here and there. When you're ready. :-)

1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

Wow. Just wow. You are an inspiration to us all. I am very impressed.  :)

Thank you!