Well I got some bad news today, that has left me feeling very beside myself. I have been attending a rehab program, and through the ups and downs have been pushing myself to do my best. My case manager called me today to say that they will no longer fund the program, despite all my effort, because at this time we have no end goal. So basically, they are unable to find any placements for me at my current employer, they are still looking, but she is not hopeful about it. So no more physio, ot, nutrition, and psych funding. I feel like they lifted me up to barely see past the fence, and dropped me to fall on my butt. Don't get me wrong, I do still plan to do my exercises to the best of my ability, and attend my local gym. But my rehab program was so much more than that - it became my routine, my sanity, and fueled my hope that I will be able to become a functioning part of society again - even with my limitations. 

I'm trying my best at this point to just be upset, and be OK with feeling that. Allow that feeling to be there without lashing out with negative coping mechanisms, because that will not help the situation. But I can't help worry about my future... If my current employer cant find me a placement, a lot of negatives will happen, and very fast - biggest concern being my health plan. So, one day at a time, focus on what I can control. 

To end things on a positive note here is a useful video for anyone who is under a lot of stress and needs a silver lining. 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling like you’re been left adrift. It sounds like you have a good attitude about, though, and a good personal support network, so I hope you’ll get through it just fine. Control what you can control, and try to deal with your emotions in the best way you can :wub:

4 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling like you’re been left adrift. It sounds like you have a good attitude about, though, and a good personal support network, so I hope you’ll get through it just fine. Control what you can control, and try to deal with your emotions in the best way you can :wub:

Thank you so very much for your comment Jen - it really helps me keep pushing in the right direction. Big hugzz to you :rolleyes:

That is so disappointing. You seem to be handling it so well, though. I'm proud of you. 

Ack. What a drag. Can you network through the social agencies? 

Appreciate that @Cardamom77 - I find even just writing my feelings out helps. But hearing back from people like yourself, well that's just the sugar free icing on the cake :)

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Ack. What a drag. Can you network through the social agencies? 

Sadly not @BurgundyBoy, the ones I could attend still require daily travel of three hours round trip from where I live - or lodging. Both of which would be out of pocket. Where I am currently still on disability, it is just much more than I can afford. I had my final appointment today, and put my own suggestions forward though. So I will follow a home based program, see them once every two weeks for an assessment and adjust my exercises as needed - my request being that I get to see my psychologist and nutritionist at these visits to help keep me going in the right direction.

I hope it gets approved. Fingers crossed :) I'm not about to loose all the progress I have gained so far. I think these tools/goals will help.

Sorry things are not how you wanted them and that stinks, but you have been through worse and kept a stiff upper lip (well, at least a smile!) ...I am sure you’ll survive this after all you have been through!  Find something positive.....you can live at HOME now and not be homesick! :)  {{{HUGS}}}

2 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Sorry things are not how you wanted them and that stinks, but you have been through worse and kept a stiff upper lip (well, at least a smile!) ...I am sure you’ll survive this after all you have been through!  Find something positive.....you can live at HOME now and not be homesick! :)  {{{HUGS}}}

Yes very true, and I'm sure my chickens are missing me also :D Thanks CJ :wub:

See,  positives, girlfriend, focus on them!!! :D

15 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Sadly not @BurgundyBoy, the ones I could attend still require daily travel of three hours round trip from where I live - or lodging. Both of which would be out of pocket. Where I am currently still on disability, it is just much more than I can afford. I had my final appointment today, and put my own suggestions forward though. So I will follow a home based program, see them once every two weeks for an assessment and adjust my exercises as needed - my request being that I get to see my psychologist and nutritionist at these visits to help keep me going in the right direction.

I hope it gets approved. Fingers crossed :) I'm not about to loose all the progress I have gained so far. I think these tools/goals will help.

Well often if you can provide a solution to a problem that someone else has - they will adopt it. Good luck!