I have no energy and was wondering if I could do espresso to get a little umph..... I can have coffee..... please help. 

I drink coffee with zero problem although if I have more than one big mug/day, I up my fluids by the same amount. 

But to answer your question, https://www.consumerreports.org/coffee/is-there-more-caffeine-in-espresso-than-in-coffee/ 

"An ounce—or one shot—of espresso has 63 mg of caffeine, according to nutritional information from the Department of Agriculture. By comparison, regular coffee averages 12 to 16 mg of caffeine per ounce.  So, yes, espresso technically has more caffeine. But no one drinks just one ounce of coffee. You’re likely to have at least 8 ounces, and that's typically 95 to 128 mg of caffeine.".

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

I drink coffee with zero problem although if I have more than one big mug/day, I up my fluids by the same amount. 

But to answer your question, https://www.consumerreports.org/coffee/is-there-more-caffeine-in-espresso-than-in-coffee/ 

"An ounce—or one shot—of espresso has 63 mg of caffeine, according to nutritional information from the Department of Agriculture. By comparison, regular coffee averages 12 to 16 mg of caffeine per ounce.  So, yes, espresso technically has more caffeine. But no one drinks just one ounce of coffee. You’re likely to have at least 8 ounces, and that's typically 95 to 128 mg of caffeine.".

Well i got 2 shots over ice with sugar free vanilla syrup and skim milk. So far so good. 

15318517348336008919366548190396.jpg

1 hour ago, Jenn42606 said:

I have no energy and was wondering if I could do espresso to get a little umph..... I can have coffee..... please help. 

I am very very abstemious and moderate, not having more than a big pot of expresso (about 600 mls) every morning and several cups during the day. The evidence you need to avoid it after WLS is ... small. An argument can be made that for people sensitive to ulcers, coffee could aggravate an ulcer. The American bariatric society suggests avoiding it for 30 days after surgery then "asking your surgical and nutrition team." My nutritionist, when I tried to pin her down on this, refused to  be drawn into the conversation, as I think she thinks it is nearly a non-issue.

The diuretic aspect of coffee - making you pee - has been overplayed. Recently coffee has even been identified as a beverage you can rehydrate with after moderate exercise. Common sense has to play a role here: if you drink 20 cups of coffee a day, then yes it will be a significant diuretic and your heart rate may be a gazillion. 

I would enjoy my coffee in the absence of pains suggesting an ulcer. 

I'm not a fan of protein shakes, so I use Fairlife milk in place of them.  But woman cannot live by Fairlife alone.... so I start every day mxing 8 oz of Fairlife with 11 oz of Starbucks Medium Roast unsweetened bottled coffee - the kind you can get in the cold section of your supermarket. 

(We won't discuss the number of times I END my day the same way...)

Diluted as your espresso was, I doubt it will do you any harm.  I did abstain from caffeine for 30 days after surgery, but since then I haven't given it a second thought.

AND... I often drink it through a STRAW!!!

As some here have already heard, we got a choice of coffee or tea (or water) the morning after our surgery (before we were discharged). 

(We had to fulfill three conditions for discharge: (1) sips of water during the night with no problems, (2) a couple bites of yogurt the next morning with no problems, and (3) a short shower to check that we were reasonably stable on our feet and OK to go home.)

I've never been a coffee drinker. Only espresso. I dropped the habit for surgery, of course, and abstained for nearly two months afterwards, but since I've been drinking it in lattes like yourself a couple times a week. It's a non-issue to every nutritionist I've spoken to. 

I shouldn’t admit this but I guzzle espresso. I find that regular coffee irritates my stomach but espresso is easy on my tummy. I asked my doctor when I could have espresso again and he told me that I could have a cup as soon as I left the hospital. I had my first cup four days after my surgery, aka as soon as I left the hospital. I took it easy during the early months and have increased my intake without ill effects. 

I drank Postum (roasted cereal ground up fine) for my coffee fix for a month post op.  Then went to 1 shot 8oz breve for a bit.  Now on my way to work I go to my latte place, hand them a Premier Protein (usual Caramel or Banana flavor) and they heat it up and add 2 shots.   On my days off I have an 8oz cup off coffee with either a little 1/2 and 1/2  or some of my protein drink in it.  I've been drinking coffee since I was 4 (more milk than coffee back then) and sometimes think that coffee should be my blood type.