Brenda B.

Medicare Payment for WLS

Has anyone used Medicare to pay for their WLS? I have been told that Medicare will pay for WLS as long as you meet their requirements. I am planning to have a Gastric bypass and use Medicare to pay for their part of it. I also have another insurance which will pay what Medicare does not pay. It is not a supplement for Medicare, it is a regular insurance company.

I have a friend that went to my same surgeon. She had medicare advantage plan (Humana) She didn't have any problems at all.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. 

On 7/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, Brenda B. said:

Has anyone used Medicare to pay for their WLS? I have been told that Medicare will pay for WLS as long as you meet their requirements. I am planning to have a Gastric bypass and use Medicare to pay for their part of it. I also have another insurance which will pay what Medicare does not pay. It is not a supplement for Medicare, it is a regular insurance company.

I used Medicare and it was not an issue.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, tracyringo said:

Thanks so much. I don't have any patience but I am doing my best to be patient. It may be Oct. before I get a surgery date. I finish my things for insurance mid August I think and they are booked out about 6 weeks the nurse told me. Thanks again for answering me.