What surgeons have people gone with in Michigan? I can't decide.  I know a few have gone to Dr. Zeni.  My doctor suggested Dr. Poplawski at Bariatric Treatment of America.  I was also wondering what is the hospital stay with sleeve>

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, formyfamily3 said:

What surgeons have people gone with in Michigan? I can't decide.  I know a few have gone to Dr. Zeni.  My doctor suggested Dr. Poplawski at Bariatric Treatment of America.  I was also wondering what is the hospital stay with sleeve>

I stayed 1 night.

I stayed 1 night as well. I went with the surgeon that my Dr recommended. Do you trust your Dr to steer you in the right direction and to know the good Drs from the not so good? If I were in your shoes (I was) I would start researching the Dr that he recommended. Failing any negative findings, that is who i would stick with. Just my two cents ;)

I was really lucky in that my surgeon found me and offered to do my revision in our public hospital system for free. It was just under 5 months from listing me for surgery until it was done. I did research him though which is actually how I found this forum. A few members here had used him and that's how I found out the normal wait time for him was actually closer to 5 years!!!! I feel truly blessed that he just happened to be the visiting surgeon at my local hospital on the day I was scheduled for an endoscopy.  I wasn't looking for a revision at the time, in fact I didn't even know they existed....on the other hand I wasn't about to turn it down either.

I agree with @Readytobeme, if you trust your doctor then trust his recommendation and research the surgeon they recommend.  You don't have to go with them but it is definitely worth researching including asking your doctor why they are recommending that particular surgeon.