Carina

Just stopping in to wave

Hi all, I haven't been too active here recently (busy + weird login problems), so I wanted to say hi. As some of you know I am following a placement program after being laid off in a reorganization. (Grrrrrrr!) That is taking up a lot of mental energy. ATM I'm investigating starting a small business by myself, kind of scary, but there are lots of resources available.

As far as WLS is concerned, the honeymoon is definitely over. I may even have had the shortest honeymoon in WLS history. I'm back to fighting for every ounce lost, kind of a bummer. Not complaining about the weight I've lost; I'm very happy about that, but I need to press on (about 20-25 more pounds) and that's moving like molasses in the winter...

I still need you guys, so please don't let me down!

Howdy, stranger!  Nice to see you around!  Good luck with the new venture and stick around...the support you get here can help spur you on to your continued weight loss!

Hi Carina, it's nice to hear from you :) 

Sorry the honeymoon is over. You are definitely well educated in what works for you, though, so I have no doubt you can get where you want to be. Slow and steady is just fine! 

I wish you the best of luck in your big transition. Starting a company does indeed sound scary, but scary things can sometimes be really good things. It's great that you have a lot of resources available to you - that's certainly an endeavor that could be made a lot easier by having some people with experience helping you to navigate. I hope it goes well.

4 hours ago, Carina said:

Hi all, I haven't been too active here recently (busy + weird login problems), so I wanted to say hi. As some of you know I am following a placement program after being laid off in a reorganization. (Grrrrrrr!) That is taking up a lot of mental energy. ATM I'm investigating starting a small business by myself, kind of scary, but there are lots of resources available.

As far as WLS is concerned, the honeymoon is definitely over. I may even have had the shortest honeymoon in WLS history. I'm back to fighting for every ounce lost, kind of a bummer. Not complaining about the weight I've lost; I'm very happy about that, but I need to press on (about 20-25 more pounds) and that's moving like molasses in the winter...

I still need you guys, so please don't let me down!

We're here! Too bad about the short honeymoon but I bet the marriage between Carina and WLS will be a long and happy one. ;)

We are all here for you! Slow and steady wins the race! Don't get discouraged. You've come SUCH a long way, and YOU CAN DO THIS!! One day at a time, one tracked meal at a time, one cup of water at a time.... It all adds up. 

(((Hugs))) sweet pea!!! I’m not here too often these days, but it’s great to hear from you!! 

Whether or not your honeymoon is over does not mean the weight loss has stopped. It might take longer to get there, but you will!! Keep plugging away...all the while basking in the glow of how far you’ve already come!!

we are always here for you, and won’t ever let you down ❤️

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

(((Hugs))) sweet pea!!! I’m not here too often these days, but it’s great to hear from you!! 

And it's all the special when you do post Trish.  Truly - I miss you when you don't post.

6 minutes ago, cinwa said:

And it's all the special when you do post Trish.  Truly - I miss you when you don't post.

Thank you so much, @cinwa ❤️❤️❤️ I miss you too!! I’ve had so much momma drama and stress going on lately...ugh :( 

I will be back posting more often soon though :wub:

10 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I will be back posting more often soon though :wub:

As and when time and emotions allow Trish. 

I know from old that life has a habit of throwing us a curveball and the Lord knows, you've had more than your fair share of late.

4 minutes ago, cinwa said:

As and when time and emotions allow Trish. 

I know from old that life has a habit of throwing us a curveball and the Lord knows, you've had more than your fair share of late.

Yes, the curveball. I think we all know what that’s like, @cinwa ❤️

I think I’m just not as able to handle it as most others, but I’m working hard on that. I’m finding, after all of this time, that my food demons might not have been the hardest demons in my life to fight. I think if I could just find my center, and start from there, I’d be on more even ground. I guess I think too much, lol. 

My heart is definitely here with you and the group, all the time. I thought I’d be able to spend a lot of time here this week, because I had a vacation from my nana duties, since my daughter is on vacation. But mother stuff came up, and I’ve been called away because of it. Hoping to be here more over the weekend. I truly need to connect with you guys!!